Water heater question

aatauses

Hey, just started with our 3670 and really enjoying everything. I do have a question about water heater operation. When we picked up our rig I thought the tech said the heater will go auto from electric to gas and vice versa?? However if that is the case what is the 'heater switch' for on my control panel---is this a manual switch to gas? and if so what about the automatic switch over??---just need some clarification on operations??
thanks
aatauses

jbeletti

Sorry - it does not auto-switch.

The red lighted switch on the white monitor panel is to to put the water heater in LP gas mode.

The red lighted wall switch in the same area but not on the white panel is to put the water heater in AC power mode.

Both can be used at the same time if a very quick heat up / recovery is desired.

In practice, most people when at a campground where the AC power is included in your rate (not metered and billed), use AC power to heat water.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
aatauses, As Jim B said, no auto switch on the water heater. I'm guessing the tech was explaining the auto switch over feature of the refrigerator. It has that function, to switch from LP to AC and vice-versa.