Something to cover thermostat & fantastic fan

patrick1945

We have a new Bighorn 3055 and we have a problem. Both the thermostat and fantastic fan controls are in the "hallway" over the steps in to the bathroom/bedroom area.

It seems that we continually hit those controls when we carry something into or out of the bathroom/bedroom.

We would like to cover these two items with something that would prevent this but still allow us to control these appliances.

Experiences/opinions???

thanks
Pat

2010augusta

I have had the same issue too. I have thought about replacing the thermostat with a digital unit, so when we bump it, it will not change the setting. Any covers would stick out farther from the wall and make it easier to walk into. I just try to walk up the hall sideways.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have a new Bighorn 3055 and we have a problem. Both the thermostat and fantastic fan controls are in the "hallway" over the steps in to the bathroom/bedroom area.

It seems that we continually hit those controls when we carry something into or out of the bathroom/bedroom.

We would like to cover these two items with something that would prevent this but still allow us to control these appliances.

Experiences/opinions???

thanks
Pat

I also noticed that this week in our 3670, the controls are right at my shoulder. I think putting a cover over them would only make matters worse, by increasing the distance sticking out. There may be a way to mount a shallow "niche" into the wall and set them into it. An idea to consider perhaps.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
patrick1945, I had the same troubles that you describe. Turning the air or heat on and off everytime I went by the t-stat. Quick and easy fix for me was a Hunter digital t-stat. Got it at WalMart, I believe less than $20. No problem since the change.
Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Cookie
Would you make a new thread and describe how you replaced the thermostat. I have been wanting to do the same thing but not sure of the wiring connections. Pictures would be welcome.

2010augusta

I also noticed that this week in our 3670, the controls are right at my shoulder. I think putting a cover over them would only make matters worse, by increasing the distance sticking out. There may be a way to mount a shallow "niche" into the wall and set them into it. An idea to consider perhaps.

I do not know if recessing into the wall on the 3670?landmark is possiable because if the pocket door in that wall. just a thought.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Kenny. Well, there ya go boys, just follow the link above. There you will find another link. It's all spelled out. Piece of cake.
Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I do not know if recessing into the wall on the 3670?landmark is possiable because if the pocket door in that wall. just a thought.

I haven't taken a real close look since this idea, but if the outer wall is like the inner wall (in the bathroom), there is an outer and inner panel, giving about an inch of space to try putting a shallow recess in. I'm considering going to the digital thermostat, myself. The analog OEM is next to useless to figure out where the temperature is set at.

phranc

If the thermostat is recessed will there be enough airflow at the stat for a correct read?
recessing even an inch would be a big help.