Ultr Fab Eliminators or JT's Strong Arm

cjhicks

Having a problem with movement in 3410RE, what is the diffrence between the Ultr Fab Elminators and the JT's Strong Arm and do they really work ?

Calvin Hicks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I just recently installed Ultra Fabs on my Landmark. From what I understand there are no differences between the two manufacturers. SO much that I believe that JT (Lippert) is sueing Ultra Fab for Patent infringements. I will be trying mine this weekend and will let you know how they work. Before these I had a tripod that served us very well.

Good luck,
Mark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mark,
I installed my Ultra-Fabs the same way you did. The front of the rig feels very stable, but the rear still has a shimmy. So much so that you can watch a lamp shade on a table lamp wobble if someone is walking around. Tightening the attachment points just beyond "snug" and extending the jacks a tad more and resetting the struts seemed to help a little, but not completely. May need to reexamine the rear stabilizer jack system to see if there is some play that needs to be taken care of.

Tom of Ypsi

They are both the same IMHO, just go for the cheapest price you can find and they do take out most of the movement. As far a shimmy I think you will always get that until you have your wheels off of the ground. Remember you are sitting on rubber, your tires, and they bounce. Big Foot levelers or something similar that takes the pressure off of the tires is the only way to completely stop the movement.

DennisZ

I have the Ultra Fabs on my 3055 and they take out almost all the movement. Another thing that helps with the shimmy of being on the tires are either BAL chocks or Roto chocks, they lock the wheels into a semi rigid condition and help a lot with the shimmy.

Dennis

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
There is a lawsuit going on as Ultra Fab is being sued by Lippert who owns the JT stabilizers. I spoke with the rep who is responsible for the JT's and he said that if u buy the Ultra Fabs your warranty will be voided after the law suit is won by Lippert, which is a no-brainer as it is a copy of the same product. I also recommend that you install the rear JT stabilizers and agree with DennisZ that the combo with the rotochocks eliminates almost 100% of the sway. Of course if you run or walk heavy nothing stops some of the rocking. I also got the JT digital levelers at the same time from tweetys.com which seems to have the best price. My vote is for the JT's as who wants to mess around with law suits over a few bucks.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Once i learned how to use them my stablizers took 95%+ of all movement out. Many people don't use them properly.... some weight must be applied after the strut screw is tighten.

jbeletti

From the JT Instruction Manual for 5th Wheels:

JT’s Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer System

SET-UP INSTRUCTIONS

1. Level your coach side-to-side.
  2. Lower the front of the coach ¾ inch to 1 inch below level.
  3. Lower and set rear jacks evenly.
  4. Tighten the “T”-bolts on the 2 rear Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers.
  5. Raise the front of the coach to make it level, front-to-back.
  6. Tighten the “T”-bolts on the 4 front Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers.
  7. “Bump” the electric jack switch so the jacks lift the front of the coach very slightly. This eliminates the play (movement) at the bolts and bolt holes between the stabilizers and the coach.
  8. Enjoy your Rock-Steady RV from JT's RV Accessories!

boatdoc

What warranty are they talking about??? Why would one need or worry about a warranty on as simple a system as either one of these?