Richardsons - Sun City

Duramax1

We have just started a six week tour in our new Sundance and the motor that activates the rear stabilizers has failed.

We contacted Richardsons in Sun City, the nearest Heartland dealer and explained our problem.

Their response was that they could make an appointment for us in one month. I explained that I had removed the motor and wished to bring only it in for testing and, after this 5 minute process they could then order a new motor for me and I would reinstall it myself.

I was told that the one month route was the only way that they would proceed because we had not purchased the trailer from them.

With the growing public awareness and popularity of the Heartland products, it is a shame and a mistake for Heartland to deal with such non customer friendly dealers.

Come on Heartland, be more selective in who you choose to award a dealership franchise to.

talley

Man...that is cold!!! Would hate to be stranded and have to depend with that dealer for anything. As a Heartland owner, would hate to think you might get better service and response from a non-Heartland dealer next door to that one!!

Good luck. Jerry

H

Heartland Service

Need help?

Call Heartland Dealer Services and ask for Chris DeLapaz. 877-262-8032, he will assist you with this.

sandman

Duramax i know how you feel i bought mt trailer from richardson and it was the worst thing that i ever did. Ive owned a few rvs and i have to say that there service center is the worst and i dont know how they would ever stay in business i dont know what i would do if i wanted to buy a new heartland there is nobody around us o well happy camping take care.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Duramax1 and Marty, yes there a place to get HL products. I bought mine from them and they suck. I really hope that JB passes this along to Coley Brady or he reads this himself. Richardsons franchise should be yanked. Bob:(

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Just before I bought my rig, I called Richardson's and asked them to match the price since they were much closer than Clovis RV. Their mgr. offered a deal for 8K more. Such a deal. I have no clue how they stay in business at all. They told me directly that they would not service a rig not bought from them.

Uncle Rog

J&L RV Repair...........

I dumped Richardson's right out of the gate, they made me wait a month for warranty work, even though we purchased from them, and then kept the unit for another month and did nothing.
If you still need help get a hold of Joe at J&L in Fontana, 909-429-2194.
He has done all of my warranty work and has helped me with HL and Lippert problems...............................
You also can comtact HL directly and order motor from them................

Duramax1

Thankyou for your suggestion.
Fontana does not work into our travel plans and in the meantime I have made an adaptor that will enable me to use my battery drill to raise and lower the rear stabilizers. So I will wait until I get home before I do anything more.

Tom of Ypsi

Try taking the motor apart and check the brushes. My motor quit working and upon tearing it apart the brushes were filthy, not making good contact.