Almost There

Howzit

CU has approved the buy and we pick up our check this afternoon. By days end we should have a deal on a Sundance 3300 FB from Homan RV - Been working with Jamie Holberg and she has been great.

Our price includes a B&W Turnover Ball & Companion Hitch. We are looking at adding slide-out awnings before we pick 'her' up next weekend.

I've checked out the PDI Checklist and it is indeed thorough. I'll have to email it to Holman so they are not shocked when we get there. While we do the PDI they can install the hitch.

Wooooooohoo :D

Last edited:

Howzit

Awesome, Welcome to the Heartland Family. Enjoy your new Sundance.

Thanks Ray.

Well, the deal is done, the credit union has written the check and the vin and lien are ready to be registered in my name.

Now I need to make the 13hr drive to Cincinati, get the hitch installed, do the PDI and deliver the check. We plan to drive out this coming Friday and do the whole shebang on Saturday. I hope we have left enough time to get everything done!

As an absolute newb to towing a 5th wheel and RV'ing I feel completely intimidated. Thanks to this forum we have located some great advice and tips. Now expeierence needs to do the rest.

THANKS HEARTLANDOWNERS!

jimtoo

Hi Howzit,

Welcome to the Heartland Family. I know you will enjoy your new toy.

I might add, when you hook up and unhook, double check everything, set yourself a little routine when you do it. Then do it the same each time and try not to let anyone interfere when your doing the process. When driving, just take it easy and give your self plenty of room for all your stops and turns. It will not take long to get comfortable and in the routine.

Take care and enjoy, the forum members are here to help, if and when you need it.

Jim M

Howzit

Hi Howzit,

Welcome to the Heartland Family. I know you will enjoy your new toy...
Jim M

Jim, thanks for the warm welcome and friendly advice.

Taking a corner for the first time will be an experience. As will be parking and reversing. I intend to take it real slow and practice a lot. I'll be double checking the hitch for days to come but I like the idea of a routine and stick to it.

One of my goals is to make it to a rally and introduce my family to the Heartland family. Along the way get some tips and advice on what works best, what to avoid and some good war stories.

Cheers,

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Howzit, Congrates on your new Sundance you should try to come to the rally in Goshen lots of fun and good people to meet it's in June. We welcome you to the heartland group ------Kathy:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks Ray.

Well, the deal is done, the credit union has written the check and the vin and lien are ready to be registered in my name.

Now I need to make the 13hr drive to Cincinati, get the hitch installed, do the PDI and deliver the check. We plan to drive out this coming Friday and do the whole shebang on Saturday. I hope we have left enough time to get everything done!

As an absolute newb to towing a 5th wheel and RV'ing I feel completely intimidated. Thanks to this forum we have located some great advice and tips. Now expeierence needs to do the rest.

THANKS HEARTLANDOWNERS!

As part of your PDI, your dealer should give you some basic instructions on manuevering your rig and let you practice a bit in their lot (if they have space). Don't be too shy to ask. If your TV does not have extendable camper style mirrors, get some add-on ones from the dealer before you leave. You will need to keep a close eye on both of them when turning and backing up. Another great accessory are the personal two-way radios. Keep one next to you and give the other to your spotter when backing up. You don't have to talk, just listen to the spotter. Always a good idea to get out and check where you're backing into before you even start moving in.