Warranty Question

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
In many other forums, there are questions about various dealers that will not work on a trailer under warranty that was not bought there. Thhis usually comes into play when the local dealer loses out in the bidding war for a new trailer purchase. Does Heartland require their dealers to work on any warranty problem, regardless of where it was purchased like auto manufacturers do? Will the company allow a warranty claim to be paid to a non-Heartland dealer when there is a local dealer available?

Scott

Warranty

Check some of the other threads where we have discussed this for more detailed info - but here it is in a nutshell:
If you live in Houston and you discover Heartland product at our Houston dealer, yet decide to buy from an internet guy thousands of miles away - just know that while that Houston dealer may be required by Heartland to perform service work on your coach - that does not mean that he has to put you in front of his customers - which most often results in untimely delays - which translates into unhappy campers.
Dealers are independent businesses with ties to a number of manufacturers. As a manufacturer, we do our best to maintain healthy working relationships with our dealers, but that does not mean we can tell them how to conduct their business when it comes to such a situation.

Will Heartland approve other dealers or RV service centers to work on our products? Yes, but they must be willing to perform warranty work according to our written guidelines - and every once in a while, you will find someone who will not.

But overall, we haven't seen these types of issues raise their ugly heads. We have been able to find our customer a place to have any warranty work completed and get them back on the road.

ST

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the reply Scott. That is one of the reasons that I have been impressed with Heartland from the very beginning.

I have seen issues similar to what I described by other manufacturers and wondered what your stance would be. It is good to know that when we go full time in our rig, we can still get it repaired under warranty if necessary while on the road.

fulltimer

I am the one who was looking for advice in hooking up Direct TV. A Direct TV technician came today and we have signal at the right satellite port on the outside of the coach but no signal at the cable marked with green tape on the inside of the coach. Is this something RV's For Less can fix or what do you recommend? The coach is two months old. We tried all the other combinations and had no luck getting signal inside the coach.

Fulltimer

How can you get satellite to the TV in the bedroom?

Tom of Ypsi

I had the same problem when I took my coach to Camping World. CW ran a new cable, disconnecting the green marked cable but not removing it since it seems to be fastened to the wall somewhere. CW told me if they install the sat dish they disregard all factory wiring and just do it themselves. Most of the time, no matter what brand, the wiring in the coaches is broken, staples through the wire or the cable ends not good. I have not had any opportunity to use my Direct TV hookup but I did use CW's and I do have both bedroom and living room sat tv. Hope this helps a little. Good Luck

L'l John

I had my 3400RL back to "RV's for Less" to fix my satellite cable about 6 weeks ago. (among other things) They said it was working when I picked it up.
However, the next outing we found out that it still did not work. Just today I took the camper back to have some other warranty work done and told them about the cable not being fixed before. They said they would check it out (again).
It remains to be seen if it works when I pick it back up in about 2 weeks. (Projected time for repair work).

Cooper

My dish did not work at first but it was user era. I did not have the TV controler in the right mode. After that it was great and setting up the surround sound was easy.

Scott

I know there have been times when the guys labeled the wires wrong (green in place of red, or vice versa), but it is rare that a staple or something pierces the cable because of the wall construction. You say they checked all of the cables, so I will not question that. Whenever I have heard of something like this in the past, the dealer has been able to check it and repair what ever ails the system.
I think we need to get you in to a Heartland dealer and get it fixed.
ST

Wild Wind

As said many times before, have all of the cable ends replaced and properly crimped, every where, and I mean everywhere, in walls and under the floor of the trailer!

jcd8822

Joseph
We had DirecTV installed with our DataStorm. The wiring was all correct, they were able to add the second receiver in the bedroom and all works great. When installing it the Tech as Mobile Technologies said that regardless of brand a lot of coaches have problems and they have to run their own wiring. That was not the case with ours and the Internet and TV were up and working right away.

Joseph

phranc

Say Joe.. Makes me think a seminar on the tv/sat/datastorm systems would be great...Or perhaps a vendor that might come in to straighten out or help out those owners with questions..At the next rally..