Anyone shopped Lakeshore RV

pensadawg

Anyone shopped Lakeshore RV UPDATE with new ?'s

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the 32BHDS from Lakeshore RV. Marci worked very hard to keep me happy, and I am so far.:) We take delivery the week before Memorial Day. I called Great Lakes as someone suggested and they were just as good. But Marci had already spent a lot of time with me so she got the deal. My kids are about to bust. They can't stop talking about the new camper. They were very upset about having to wait a month. I do have another question about extended warranties. Does anyone have one and who did you use, other thoughts, etc. Also when you ladies refer to your DH does that mean Devoted Husband ? My wife uses it for me from time to time but it means something else:D. Anyway, thank ya'll so much for the help and I look forward to lots of discussions here and meeting some of ya'll out there. Rick.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rick, there is a dealer in Elkhart, IN that sells Heartland product that is very competitive when it comes to pricing. They have been mentioned here on the forum before but I'm having trouble finding the name. I guess depending where you're traveling from it may not hurt to investigate. I hear they do a very thorough PDI.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
pensadawg, I also went through the pricing ordeal found at local dealers vs. internet sales. I calculated what that 2,000 mile trip would cost based on fuel costs and my time. And by the way, Lakeshore does seem to have a good reputation. I have also read many stories of people that had some difficulties getting service done at a dealer that did not sell you the camper. I don't need that aggrivation and not having to put up with it is also worth something. I like the idea that when I walk into my dealer he says "hi Dave, what can we do for you". I felt these things were worth about 2 grand. I went back to the local guy and negotiated. Wound up to within 1 dollar of my price. He was happy and I was really happy.
Just something to consider when buying long distant.
Good luck on what ever you do.
Peace
Dave

grizzlygiant

Amazing how many dollars can be cut from the dealer's "rock-bottom, below cost" price by additional hard-ball negotiation--and that goes for Lakeshore, too.

bigredtruck

There are a few threads on this forum regarding Lakeshore. We liked them but DH is handy around the RV so we don't need to take it back for a lot of warranty stuff. and at this point, we haven't had anything come up (knock on wood)

techman

I almost bought from Lakeshore. However, after talking with a Heartland rep and a local dealers I learned that the local dealers would do any warranty work needed BUT I would be at the bottom of the list with preference given to the dealers own customers. I didn't like that but appreciated their honesty. I like to 'vote with my dollars' to reward local businesses or businesses I like to see succeed so I guess this is the same thing the dealers do only in reverse. I used Lakeshore's pricing to get a good deal from a local dealer and I am glad I did.

Mike

thomasinnv

i am in the middle of a purchase from lakeshore right now. deposite paid and delivery set for the 27th of this month. i'll let you know how it goes. they billed my cc twice for the deposite, but it could be an honest mistake. i'm waiting to see how many times i have to call them to get the second charge reversed.

Mike Repp

Lakeshore RV

I bought a Cyclone 3912 from them. I live in Cleveland and could not strike a deal with the local dealer. We made the trip to save several thousand dollars. However, I have had the trailer back to them for warranty work and was not happy with the service. I'm still waiting on parts from them they were going to send. This has gone on for 10 months. I dont know if I would do this again.

thomasinnv

when i decided to buy from Lakeshore i talked to Jeff and explained that my delivery date was imperative to the sale. i live and work on the road and adjusted my schedule to come off the road to a friends house for 2 days to do the switch over to the new trailer. He assured me that my requested delivery date of April 27 would be no problem. here it is the 26th and i get a call from the delivery driver and he hasn't even picked up the trailer yet!! it's a 2000 mile trip. now it won't be here till the first of May! Now i have to completely change my schedule again. I am supposed to be doing a tent revival from the 1st to the 9th. Thanks a lot Lake shore!! Hopefully they will attempt to make this right. we will see.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
when i decided to buy from Lakeshore i talked to Jeff and explained that my delivery date was imperative to the sale. i live and work on the road and adjusted my schedule to come off the road to a friends house for 2 days to do the switch over to the new trailer. He assured me that my requested delivery date of April 27 would be no problem. here it is the 26th and i get a call from the delivery driver and he hasn't even picked up the trailer yet!! it's a 2000 mile trip. now it won't be here till the first of May! Now i have to completely change my schedule again. I am supposed to be doing a tent revival from the 1st to the 9th. Thanks a lot Lake shore!! Hopefully they will attempt to make this right. we will see.

I guess you can look at it this way, God works in mysterious ways.:) Good Luck....Kenny

thomasinnv

I guess you can look at it this way, God works in mysterious ways.:) Good Luck....Kenny

i don't beleive in coincedence. every thing happens for a reason. even bad things that happen, God will turn them around for good, for those that love Him and abide in His word. It will all work out in the end. But i beleive a man needs to keep his promises no matter the cost. If you say your going to do something, you need to do it.

thomasinnv

Update

Jeff was very quick to want to remedy the situation. He informed me that it was the shipping company that dropped the ball, which i confirmed with the driver. Jeff offered me compensation for the inconvenience, which he didn't have to do. I would definately buy from him again. they are a class act as far as i am concerned.

jbeletti

... Thanks a lot Lake shore!!...

Thomas,

Happy to hear you finally got your coach. As you start becoming acquainted with your new RV, if you have questions, there are a lot of folks on this forum ready to do their best to help you figure things out.

During business hours, just pickup the phone and call your dealer's service department.

Happy camping,

Jim