12 volts on off on

skyguy

Just took delivery of our 3670 this weekend.
We spent Saturday night "dry camping". I noticed that if I had six ceiling lights on all at once, the 12 volt power would quit for about 30 seconds, then restart again - like the breaker trips and resets.

At first I thought it only happened when a particular bedroom light was on, but I did more testing this PM, and found it didn't matter if that light was ON. Besides the Carbon Mono gizmo, to the best of my knowledge, nothing else was on - no reefer, TV booster, nothin.

Also, running the battery check, with the 6 lights on, I showed "Good". With one light on, I showed "Charge" (full).

Doesn't seem right to me - I'd think you could have more lights on than that...

Ideas??

grizzlygiant

An under-sized or defective battery??? The battery is installed by the delivering dealer and unless otherwise requested are often very minimum.

skyguy

Well, it definitely isn't the battery. I installed a pair of 6 volt Trojan T-105's I kept from our SOB, and we get the same effect.

If I have 4 pairs of ceiling lights (basically the two paired lights in the living room and two paired lights in the kitchen) on, that can trip it, or adding any other lights will definitely trip the breaker.

This only occurs if we are NOT connected to shore power. When the AC is hooked up, I think I could turn them all on.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I suppose it's possible your rig is miswired. The breaker that feeds your 12V fuse panel in the coach SHOULD be a 50A manual-reset Busman "Short Stop." If by some chance they installed the wrong breaker, the symptom would be as you described.

skyguy

Bingo, Bob!!

I finally got the breaker replacements from our dealer in Nebraska (this wasn't a trip ending situation, so no rush), and here is what I found...

For the 50 AMP manual breaker that feeds the (everything else) 12 fuse panel, a Heartland employee had installed an 8 (yes sir, that is EIGHT) AMP breaker. No wonder I couldn't run even 4 pairs of lights!!

(Oh, and try taking a shower while the furnace is running on an 8 AMP breaker??? Now there is a unique experience!)

For the 50 AMP breaker that feeds the pump slides???? I'm assuming it's the same guy, but this was only a 30AMP...

So now they are both 50's.... The lights work, the slides go in AND out, everything is fine!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nothing like quality control at the factory :confused: Could be why you can't get a wiring diagram of the units from HL, there isn't one.