HELP... landing gear motor..

deee2

we are on the road, 2nd night out... and the landing gear motor is broken. We don't know why, but it is. Does anyone know where we go or where we can get a replacement? We're still under warranty, but no one is open today. We're in Pahrump, NV tonight, then to Kingman, AZ. Any ideas? Any one else have a problem with the motor housing breaking?

SmokeyBare

Time to use "Arm Strong"... and start cranking the landing gear with the handle that came with your RV. Call Heartland in the Morning... and ask them what you can do to get the motor replaced.

Good Luck !!

jnbhobe

As Smokey said; Start cranking. It sounds to me like the jacks were run up too far. The gear reduction box on the motor breaks when the jacks are run up to the stops. Its a easy fix if you get the parts from Heartland. Good Luck JON ;) ;)

SmokeyBare

What you need to know is where Heartland would send you for repairs....

That said... here are a few Places I found using Yahoo Map... simple search...

Outdoorsman Rv & Repair Center

(928) 757-5352
3140 Airway Ave, Kingman, AZ 86409

Trotters RV

(928) 757-9339 2645 Airway Ave, Kingman, AZ 86401

Web site: http://trottersrv.com/

ARIZONA NORTHWEST RV

(928) 757-3557 4050 Stockton Hill Rd, Kingman, AZ 86401

Daves Discount RV & Marine

(928) 565-4600 3211 N Bacobi Rd, Golden Valley, AZ 86413

The fact that if you want Heartland to cover the repairs... you will need to contact Heartland on Monday Morning... and ask what you need to do to get things Fixed.

Again.... Good Luck !

Marv

Landing Gear Motor/Gearbox

The same thing happened to us. I took a picture of the gear box and sent it to Heartland who sent it on to Lippert. We are waiting in Fort Worth, TX, but the bad thing, it takes 5 days UPS to receive it. Luckily, I was able to find a guy that will install it the same day. Told by Heartland the gear box has to be sent by Lippert and not stocked by dealers. Hope you get yours soon.

Celebritygreen
HO #1075
09 Bighorn 3600RL

Landing Gear

There was a comment made about retracting landing gear too far and breaking gear box stops. When I did my PDI, dealer stated to bring them up until the motor stops then retract the slide extensions. If that is too far causing the stops to break, where do you stop the retraction?

jnbhobe

I always leave 2 to 3 inches in case I need to adjust the front down to get level. You can slide the extentions up and still have plenty of ground clearence. JON:):):)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Deee2, you say the motor is broken. 1 question, is it both landing legs that wont move or just 1. You might have 1 of the screws that hold the square tube in place broken or has fallen out. BTW, there is a HL dealer in LV, right off the 15. Bob

lamontagne

Call Johnnie Walker RVs in Las Vegas, Talk to Rod Roland 1-800-879-7720 Its easy to get there from Pahrump, They replaced my a few months ago. This company is vary good.

Mels Musty Music

You might call Country Roads RV before you leave in the morning. They are at 1651 So. Hwy. 160 and you can reach them at 775-751-9912. They may not have the part you need but could take one off a unit they have on the lot. They were very helpfull last year when I had a problem with a shower door explosion.
Say hello to everybody at Terrible's for me.
Good luck.

deee2

thank you all, we're making calls now. The darned internet connection WOULDN'T last night, so I had no way to get back on here. We leave this morning after making the calls. No screw is missing or lose, and my hubby has temporary rigged it, but is not sure how long it will work being held together like it is. I'm sure we'll get it fixed, he just wanted to find out if there was any miracle cure. lol Again.. thank you ... !

CGibson

We just had a washer break on our landing gear. Expensive little washer ($190) when you are a few weeks out of warranty with both Heartland and Lippert. but we had a great RV repair center here and everything is working great now.