Water Leak When Filling Fresh Tank.... 2998RB

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
When filling the fresh H2O tank, I noticed a dripping from the piping.
In the picture it shows which pipe the water was leaking around.... again the pipe it self is not leaking, but the water is coming from around the pipe.

I repeated the process just to make sure, and it is only when I am filling the fresh tank... any ideas?

Attachments

• 041709_09381.jpg
    041709_09381.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 70

jbeletti

Del,

I suggest pulling the bulkhead wall to check the clamp that secures the gravity fill tube to the back of the fill plate.

If that's not it, then you may need to drop the underbelly at the fresh water tank to check the clamp that secures the gravity fill tube to the inlet on the end of the tank.

Jim

jbeletti

In your storage basement area, there is a wall that separates that area from the back of the coach. Not sure what the official name is but I like to refer to it as a bulkhead wall. In some of our RVs, there is a wall separating this same storage area from a farther front storage area. I call this the forward bulkhead wall.

Anyway, there is a way to remove the panel so you can "get back there" for servicing plumbing and electrical. In some RVs, you may not "physically" get back there with your body but at least with your arms, your head and a flashlight/tools. I think the area you are needing to access will be right behind the docking center.

Other Sundance owners, much more familiar with the layout will have to weigh in in this as my knowledge is limited.

Best of luck with this and do not hesitate to call our toll-free customer service line at 877-262-8032.

Jim