Shakedown Complete, minor issues.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Well this past weekend was our 2nd weekend out in the new 2998RB.
Overall we are very satisfied and excited... amazing how many people want to come look at the new rig, and I like showing it off.:D

Found a couple of issues:
1. The typical water leak around the Shower, I did caulk it last week and it was slowed down a bit, I will re-caulk this week.... a little frustrating after reading about this issue on these units, you think they would have put out a quality bulletin or something...:confused:

2. Found the water input on the rear head leaking, I looked and saw it was not threaded on very well, so I took it off, doped it, and reinstalled, this weekend the wife said it was leaking worse, so I took a small pair of pliers and was able to really thread this fitting on.... no problem now.;)

3. While filling the fresh water tank this weekend, saw a leak around one of the pipes that comes through the undercarriage cover..... posted in ask the factory.... I will have to see what this could be.:confused:

Attachments

• 041609_13271.jpg
    041609_13271.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 22

tmcran

I have had the same shower leak on my 2998RB. Dealer worked on it for two weeks. Took the shower apart and re-caulked. Still leaks. However, not near as bad. The caulking job from heartland was awful. A number of missed areas and little or no caulk in others. Once again we see QC is a problem. For a temp fix I just velcroed a shower curtain around it so the water does not hit the surround and the water runs in the pan and out the drain. No wet floors. When I get time I will take it apart myself and redo everything. Good luck on your leaks. Not sure what to tell ya on the bottom leak. Perhaps the over flow tube may be kinked or below the tank and needs to be rearranged.

bgscott

I had the same leak. my dealer worked on it last week and it seems like he got it fixed. the last leak was between the clear glass and the frame of the shower surround.