Samsung TV and Amp/DVD Player

skyguy

Took delivery of our 2010 3670 Friday.

During our PDI, the tech explained that the Samsung TV does not broadcast surround sound (or any sound) back through the Samsung amp/DVD player.:eek:

What??? No surround sound??? Come on - it IS digital.... Does this sound familiar to anyone???

I did notice the TV has an optical OUT, and the amp has optical IN, and I got an extra optical cable.... I'll let you know if that works....

jbeletti

Al,

My guess is that it will work. You may have to fiddle with menu settings on the TV to enable the external (optical) audio output. I don't have a Samsung in my coach so I am guessing.

Jim

hillsonwheels

I'm interested in the results of this one. Have same set up in our 3400 RL. Haven't had the "want to" yet to see if I could fix it. Hope your set up doesn't act like mine. :( At times the left channel goes low or fades to nothing but will, when really cranked up, start working as it should. Hate to bother the neighbors late at night that way. :eek: Please let us know if the fix works and any set up issues encountered.

Dick

skyguy

Message A little work on my part has solved the issue!! The 3670RL came with a Samsung HT-Z320 Home Theater system, and the Samsung TV is a LN32B360. The system comes with a (pretty much useless - low quality) analog video and audio cable. I removed those for now. In place, I installed an OPTICAL CABLE from the Home Theater Digital Optical IN to the TV Digital Optical OUT and now we have full fidelity, digital surround sound from the TV. Secondly, I added a HDMI cable going from the HDMI OUT on the Home Theater unit to the HDMI IN on the TV, and now we have HiDef video for DVD playback from the Home Theater unit.:D:D

The system only came with the Remote for the TV!! This remote is useless for the Home Theater system. Can I get the remote that is sold with the Samsung Home Theater system?? It would control both the Home Theater unit, AND THE TV. The Home Theater system is a HT-Z320, Samsung's Part Number for the Remote is AH59-02131F.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We made similar wiring changes in our BH with the Samsung. Our coach came with both remotes so I would ask the dealer first.

jbeletti

...The system only came with the Remote for the TV!! This remote is useless for the Home Theater system. Can I get the remote that is sold with the Samsung Home Theater system?? It would control both the Home Theater unit, AND THE TV. The Home Theater system is a HT-Z320, Samsung's Part Number for the Remote is AH59-02131F.

Al,

I would think a remote should have been included. I agree with dbylinski - contact your dealer. I figure you have already done so, but look for the blue packet of manuals. Sometimes the remotes are in there.

Jim