Retracting slides

skyguy

Just took delivery of a new 3670RL Bighorn Friday. During the PDI, the tech explained "During the retraction of the 4 slides, the relay will quit and the motor will stop. Give it about 30 seconds, then you should be able to finish bringing the slides in."

Is this normal???

2010augusta

Does the 3670 have all hydrulic slides like the Augusta? or are they electric? The Augusta's have never had a problem.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I put our slides out no delay first the small slide then the bedroom slide then the big slide all with one touch of the button-----Kathy

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I went through the same thing with our 2005 Landmark 2 summers ago.My landing gear and my slideouts did the same thing. Dealer upgraded the circuit breaker and all is well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The hydraulic slides on mine operate in sequence, sort of, but there is no shut-down/start-up in mid operation. The four black knobs in the hydraulic compartment are valves are so you can select which slides you don't want to operate. The electrical switch in the compartment does the same thing the one in the cabinet inside does. I did find mine worked "upside down" from the one inside, though. Convenient when you just need to get to the back of the trailer and don't want the kitchen, ent. center, and bedroom to extend along with the dining area.

Front and rear jacks are electric.

Bobby A

Had the same problem on my SOB, it was the auto reset breaker. The fix was to add another 50 amp breaker in series with the original breaker. That is suppose to fix the problem. Not sure if this is what is wrong with your coach but it might be something to inquire about.

ChopperBill

Whoa! My slides do the same thing and I suspected the breaker. I added a short jumper wire between the terminals just to get by. It worked so I know the breaker is bad. Instead of tearing it apart I called Heartland just a few weeks ago and I was told to go buy one locally. Guess I will go to the nearest dealer (Keystone) and see what they can do. Never was told about an update.

dtvista

I had the same thing on an 08 3055. They found there was a circuit breaker issue. The fix was to add an additional circuit breaker. No problems after the upgrade.

talley

Mine was during the PDI (Oct 2006). Technician replaced the breaker... no problems since.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
All four of my slides work together, as designed, and I have never had a relay or breaker interupt the operation. Since the slides are designed to work in cojunction with each other I would think the relay would be designed to handle the load accordingly. I would be concerned about a relay or breaker overloading every time I put the slides in or out. Ask the factory so you will know for sure.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well unless they have moved them. Open your front compartment door, follow the battery cables. There should be a metal block that has wiring coming into it. You should see some red rubber covers over some of the wires. Those should be the circuit breakers. You could cut the wire for the slide motor and install a 50 amp breaker in line. Bob:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well unless they have moved them. Open your front compartment door, follow the battery cables. There should be a metal block that has wiring coming into it. You should see some red rubber covers over some of the wires. Those should be the circuit breakers. You could cut the wire for the slide motor and install a 50 amp breaker in line. Bob:D

I was wondering what those were. They're right behind the side battery box and look like some kind of rubber switch cover with two buttons.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yep John you found them. Now all you have to do is figure out which one it is. LOL On second thought, those breakers have to be reset by hand. I wonder if there is a circuit breaker inline with motor, or the motor has a built in circuit breaker? Bob:D

vangoes

Skyguy
The bottom line here is this is not a normal operating process and needs to be repaired. You just took delivery on a new 2010 BH and you should not have to be getting suggestions and advise on how to fix it......Take it back to dealer and have it corrected. If dealer continues to imply that it is normal, solicit help from Heartland.

lhetsler

It may be that when you picked your rig up at the dealer, the batteries did not have a good charge. I have noticed that when my batteries are low, it will cut off and I have to wait.