3400 RL on Order

L'l John

Well, we have placed an order for our new Bighorn 3400 from RV's for Less in Knoxville, Tn. We live within 50 miles of them and think they will take care of our new home away from home for us.
Hope to have it by end of May! Of course we are anxious.
We sold our Discovery motorhome that we have had for the past 9 years and moving "up" to a 5th wheel.
Just wanted to say a Big thank you for all the information on this forum.

Trap

Lucky you.

That's a nice rig. Were seriously considering the 3400RL also. Will have to wait a bit to upgrade TV later this fall before buying. Also we want the queen bed with nitestands, if we could ever see a picture of this. The anticipation will probably drive you crazy good luck with the new rig.

Beel

You'll love it
We just got our 08 Big Horn 3400RL in February from Great Lakes Rv in Elkhart, IN. Living in Ontario it was hard to find a dealer and after touring the factory my husband had his heart set on this model. We chose majestic blue and are quite pleased, very classy! Hopefully we don't have too many problems, but we do travel alot in the U.S. and are going to the owners rally in May.
Enjoy your unit.
Sherry and Bill

timk

John,
Just curious what your reasons are for saying "up" to a 5th wheel.

Sometimes I wish we were a little bit more nimble "smaller", and think a motor home would be nice. But perhaps its a just greener pasture thing. But, dont get me wrong, we love our 3400rl. Congratulations.
Thanks
TimK

L'l John

When we had our Motorhome we did a lot of moving around. Traveled all across America and Canada including a trip to Alaska.
We have now slowed our travels to staying at one place for longer periods of time. 3 months in South Texas for instance. And short distance trips to a close state park that we like in the summer for a couple weeks at a time.
The 5th Wheel camper makes for a better place to live in for us than a Motorhome at this time. Not saying that we won't get the travel bug again sometime. Then I would probably rather have a Motorhome again.

John

timk

John, that makes sense, the reason we picked the 3400 was it had some space to move around in, and for the high ceilings. Cant get that in a motor home.
TimK

It,s finally home 800 miles each way, traded my 2001 montana rv in lakeshore rv in mich. treated us very wheel. Picked up my 2008 3400 RE towed very nice. Averaged 12.5 miles per gal. average speed was 62-65 2005 3500 srw dodge, edge chip 4in exhaust (are) air system and BD exhaust brake. We stayed in the trailer a couple nights,much warmer then the montana. Very happy so far

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
L'l John. Welcome to the Heartland family. I know you'll enjoy your choice. Heartland has made some nice changes for 08. Congratulations!