Furnace Problem?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This started yesterday. Returned home to a chilly 5th wheel. Blown fuse for the furnace in the panel, reefer off and LP detector humming. Replaced the fuse and everything seemed OK. Woke up this AM to chilly house. Fuse OK so I turned t'stat off and back on and furnace ran OK. Now the furnace won't kick in again and turning off the t'stat and back on has no effect. I can hear a "click" up in the AC when I turn off the t'stat and when I turn it back on I hear the t'stat click but no furnace start up. It's been working fine since t'stat installed a long time ago. The battery indicator is not on and the display appears fine. Ideas?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I had a similar problem last fall except I never blew any fuses. I think what my problem was I switched propane tanks and think when I opened the valve I turned it on to fast and the regulator wasnt giving me a full volume of propane and would not light. I finally shut off tank an disconnected everything ,let it sit a couple minutes ,attached everything again and worked fine since. Did you just change propane tanks or turn one one before this started?.... Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

I had a similar problem last fall except I never blew any fuses. I think what my problem was I switched propane tanks and think when I opened the valve I turned it on to fast and the regulator wasnt giving me a full volume of propane and would not light. I finally shut off tank an disconnected everything ,let it sit a couple minutes ,attached everything again and worked fine since. Did you just change propane tanks or turn one one before this started?.... Kenny
I changed tanks a few days ago. It's been running fine up until last night. I found something about too much oil in the LP causes problems when it's cold out. I'll go out and try resetting the LP tank valves and switch to the other tank and see if that helps. I've got the reefer and HWH on LP now and a stove burner boiling some water to get some moisture in the air and get the LP moving in the lines. We'll see what happens?? Thanks Ken.

Ray LeTourneau

OK Another question.

I want to remove the outer panel to look for a "reset" I've heard about. When removint the outer panel, do I have to take off the small chrome vent first or just go right to the white panel?

Ray LeTourneau

Problem temporarily solved?

Reset the LP tank valves about 30 minutes ago and no change. At that time I didn't switch tanks. I just went out and switched tanks, came back in and lit a couple more burners, waited a couple minutes, turned on the t'stat and the furnace is running fine. I don't know if it was a problem specific to the one tank or not or if it just warmed up enough outside to thin the oil in the LP, but whatever, it's working for now. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and I'll switch back to the other tank and use all the appliances on LP to use up that tank. Fingers currently crossed.:D

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Ray i can solve your furnace problem easy! I see you are in il., you just need to move s o u t h. We are using our ac units now instead of the furnace. Come on down south. Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Ray i can solve your furnace problem easy! I see you are in il., you just need to move s o u t h. We are using our ac units now instead of the furnace. Come on down south. Kenny
HAAAA! Ya know those things we call kids? It would be a tough sell. The other problem is the truck is still in the shop.:( It seems after replacing what they called a faulty connector, they have gotten a code for bad injectors. Thankfully the GM warranty covers it 100%. Hopefully by Friday. I can't believe they can't find injectors for an LB7 in local GM shops unless no one wants to give em up.