Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Camp Hatteras Campground, Rodanthe, NC

September 25-27, 2009

Yes folks, by popular demand we will be having our Fall Rally in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This is after the close of their peak season so although some places might be closed, the rest of the island is ours. :D

The days should be cool enough that we can leave our windows open and our air conditioners off, and the nights won't be so cool that we'll need heat. The typical high temps that time of year are around 79 and the typical low temp is around 66 degrees.

We will be on the waterfront (on the sound side) and just a short walk across the street to the ocean beaches. The meeting hall is ours for the weekend and is close to our campsites.

THE IMPORTANT DETAILS
  • The cost is $45 per night plus tax (which is a great price for this place, even for off-season)
  • All rally sites have full hookups, picnic table, and full concrete pads
  • The rate is all inclusive for up to six (6) people per site, pets, cable TV, and WiFi Internet included
  • All rally sites are back-ins (the CG has pull-thru sites but they are smaller and away from the group)
  • Earlybird night is Thursday, September 24 for the same nightly rate
  • The web site for the campground is http://www.camphatteras.com
  • There is an indoor pool and indoor hot tub
TO BE A PART OF THIS EVENT

• Call Camp Hatteras at (252) 987-2777
  • You must speak to Merrin (she is the rally coordinator)
  • Merrin only works Saturday through Wednesday (no Thursdays or Fridays) and tonight only she will be there until 9:00pm to take your reservation/deposit
  • Tell Merrin you are with the "Heartland Virginia" rally
  • Post your site number on this forum once you've booked
IMPORTANT RULES & REGULATIONS

• Fireworks and open fires are illegal (firepits or chimineas with four legs and full screen covers are allowed)
  • Golf carts are welcome but ATVs, minibikes, motorized scooters are not
  • Check in is 2:00pm and check out is 11:00am
  • Full rules & regs are posted on their website
EARLY BOOKING BONUS

There are a limited number of waterfront sites available to our group. These are available for this rally on a first come first served basis at no extra charge. All the rally sites are near the water, but these premium sites are right on the water. If you have a huge back window, it will look out over Pamlico Sound and you will see a spectacular sunset (weather permitting). I probably won't get an email announcement of this rally out until later tonight after Merrin has gone home and since she won't be back into the office until Saturday, that means forum readers can jump on those sites tonight!

Activities and further details will be posted here as they become available

Attendees List Attached

//heartlandowners.org/image.php?u=2329&type=sigpic&dateline=1239203463​

Attachments

• Fall Attendees.pdf
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

boatto5er

We're Signed Up

Debra and I are in:). We will be on Site 378, and we plan on arriving on Sept 23 (Wed). Hope to see a lot more of you signing up soon. I know it's a little early for some, but hopefully not too early for others.

See you there.

And if you run across Hudson, in real life, or in cyberspace, give him a big thumbs up and a hearty thanks for pulling this together. I know he's also planning some great events during the rally.

beasleyrl

We're signed up!

Kelly, Megan, Jared, and I are in. This is a great location!!! We'll be arriving on the 24th and we'll be staying in site 381.

Thanks Hudson!!!

Hudson

Of course we are in too!

Tracy, Emma, and I are in site #379. We are getting there on Tuesday and are spending a week there since it has been so long since we went to the beach. Plus during the rally I have a feeling I won't have as much free time as I like on a vacation so I'm getting my beach vacationing all in before the rally starts.

Hey Beasleys! That's funny that y'all got site #381 ... a GREAT site but it was one of the two sites the CG told us was already booked. I guess you lucked out! I wanted that site ... and I thought I got first choice! :D Enjoy your site and we'll see you there (if not sooner, in Maine ... still working hard on that btw).

Emma says she's looking forward to seeing Jared again ... I think she thinks he's *cute* None Kids, eh?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I are in. Arriving on Thursday the 24th and are in site number 377.We are looking forward to it. Terry

camperjohn08

Nancy and I have reserved our site #384... we shall arrive thursday 24 Sept and leave Monday 28 Sept..... I just hope you all Don't laugh too awfully hard, when I try to back in.... might have to use my front hitch... But we are both looking forward to the Sept Heartland Virginia Rally.....

ONE THING THOUGH... NO OPEN PIT CAMP FIRES...WHAT A BUMMER......NO CAMPFIRE HOME COOKING "THIS TIME" EITHER.........THE FIREMASTER WILL BE SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : - ((

Last edited:

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Ann and I are in. This will be our first rally we are lookig foward to it.
I made reservations this morning at 10:30 only one premier spot left.
Our site number is 323 and we will arrive on thursday the 24th.

Mike Walker

Jim & Harriet

Harriet & I , with Max the RV Terrier, are set for the Fall Rally. Site # 324.
Arrive 24th - Leave Mon. 28Th. Booked with Merrin this morning.
Only 2-more Sound Side sites left. REALLY looking forward to trip !!!
Had a FINE Time at Spring rally. Jim

boatto5er

Nancy and I have reserved our site #384... we shall arrive thursday 24 Sept and leave Monday 28 Sept..... I just hope you all Don't laugh too awfully hard, when I try to back in.... might have to use my front hitch... But we are both looking forward to the Sept Heartland Virginia Rally.....

ONE THING THOUGH... NO OPEN PIT CAMP FIRES...WHAT A BUMMER......NO CAMPFIRE HOME COOKING "THIS TIME" EITHER.........THE FIREMASTER WILL BE SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : - ((

Cheer up John - Debra and I are thinking about getting one of those metal fire pits with the screen cover. If we do, we'll bring it and you can brew your coffee over itNone.

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
We are parked on site 387 right now(24-26 April), came down here(Camp Hatteras) for the weekend. Walked across the street this morning after I saw the post that there was only one waterfront "premier" site left. I signed up with Merrin to take site 325 for the Fall 2009 rally. Would have liked to join everyone at the Spring rally but Misty Mountain was full by the time I knew we could go. Not taking any chances this time. Camp Hatteras is a fine choice for the fall rally. This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right. Kevin

Last edited:

trdeal

Cheer up John - Debra and I are thinking about getting one of those metal fire pits with the screen cover. If we do, we'll bring it and you can brew your coffee over itNone.
We have got one of those we can bring and some wood.Just let me know.We also have marshmellow sticks and dough boy sticks.

camperjohn08

Metal fire pit with screen cover...

We have got one of those we can bring and some wood.Just let me know.We also have marshmellow sticks and dough boy sticks.

Please do bring it... I shall bring some wood logs, just incase we need to cook more coffee and of course marshmellows.....None

boatto5er

We are parked on site 387 right now(24-26 April), came down here(Camp Hatteras) for the weekend. Walked across the street this morning after I saw the post that there was only one waterfront "premier" site left. I signed up with Merrin to take site 325 for the Fall 2009 rally. Would have liked to join everyone at the Spring rally but Misty Mountain was full by the time I knew we could go. Not taking any chances this time. Camp Hatteras is a fine choice for the fall rally. This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right. Kevin

We have friends coming to the rally with us that will be on 387. Take good care of it. And welcome to the forum! We're looking forward to meeting lots of folks who weren't able to make it to the spring rally. We're a ways out from this one yet, but hopefully time will fly.

Gus and Debra.

trdeal

We have friends coming to the rally with us that will be on 387. Take good care of it. And welcome to the forum! We're looking forward to meeting lots of folks who weren't able to make it to the spring rally. We're a ways out from this one yet, but hopefully time will fly.

Gus and Debra.
Oh ya, you can bet time will fly!

fordtech 2008

we are set

signed up this morning, forgot what site left the paper at work, we are on a water site. this will be our first rally. we will be there on friday and leave sunday.

boatto5er

Marj, Ken, and Sara (and Isabell)- welcome aboard! We look forward to meeting you. Be sure to post your site number as soon as Ken gets back at work so Hudson and I can keep our attendee list updated. This is gonna be a great rally. Now, if only Sept were next month!

We're off to Myrtle Beach this coming Wed morning. We're so ready to go that we brought the RV up to the house and parked it in the driveway today. Our HOA rules only allow 24 hour RV parking, so I'm sure I'll get a nasty note later, but hey - It takes a while to pack everything!

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Now, if only Sept were next month!

boat to 5er

We are looking forward to Sept also, but we would hate to miss the June rally in Goshen(which we are attending), so try not to speed up the time to much. Camp Hatteras site 387 will be in good shape for your freinds when we pull off Monday morning, can't say what will happen the five months till Sept though.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.