How to get satellite for RV?

landp

I am going to be in several areas over the next year that doesn't have verizon or sprint coverage. So get get data I am looking into satellite providers. I have spoken to both Sky Blue and Hughes, Hughes will sell me service if I purchase a $4000 system and Sky is unwilling to even sell me service for my RV. How did those who use these providers get them to provide service?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know one member that purchased the equipment through various Internet sources such as e-bay and all he had to do was subscribe to the service. I'm guessing he will weigh in on your question.

jpmorgan37

landp;

I had HughesNet for several years and just sold it and got Verizon. It was good but there are still limitations. I built my own system and set it up every time I moved. I used a portable tripod, which Hughes does not approve but they turn their heads and let us get away with it. You can build your own system for around $500, or buy a portable system for around $1600. If you want more details, e-mail me with your phone number.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I am going to be in several areas over the next year that doesn't have verizon or sprint coverage. So get get data I am looking into satellite providers. I have spoken to both Sky Blue and Hughes, Hughes will sell me service if I purchase a $4000 system and Sky is unwilling to even sell me service for my RV. How did those who use these providers get them to provide service?

Check out Starband for Service. The $4,000 is for an automatic system..which you don't need.

Contact Orbital Enterprises @9193681057. I'm pretty sure he would sell you a tripod system and give you lessons on the setup.

And, this site will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about Tripods systems and where to get them. http://www.orbitalenterprises.net/consumer/links.html?f4a8d768