Has anyone found a use for this?

Peteandsharon

Well, my old Ford truck had a storage area behind the back seat. The jack was stored back there and there was a rectangular tub where I was able to store some stuff out of sight. My new Ford truck has no such area. Besides having the sub woofer up against the wall, there is really no similar storage area. What it does have is some........thing under the back seat. I'm guessing it is supposed to be able to hold tools or something. It is a flat ridged metal sheet that has a similar ridged metal sheet that folds over on it. When you lift the seat you can open up this thing by pulling the top piece off of the bottom one. But....... I can't see that you could put anything in there and still fold the top flat again.

Has anyone who has this same thing actually found a use for it? Right now all it does is keep me from tucking anything under that seat.

I did see something today when they were installing my Retrax cover and Line-X bedliner. There is a thing called a Nu Ha (that's an acronym for something). It is essentially a big tub-like thing that is custom made to fit under the back seat of various trucks. It is color matched and bolted in and provides huge room for storage. It would essentially replace this metal thing and actually serve some use. I just have to find one that fits with the sub woofer being there. Looks pretty cool. Supposed to be a legal place to transport rifles and guns too if one is apt to that.

jpmorgan37

Pete;

I have the metal "deck plates" under my back seat. I keep my seat folded up and tote "stuff" on the metal deck. My satellite dish and tub full of extra "stuff" sit there when we are traveling. Sometimes a foam pad and my best girl dog ride there. She will not get up on the seat-it's furniture in her opinion and she won't get on furniture. Anyway, I use it all the time and it's handy and saves the "furniture".

John

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I keep ratchet straps and bungee cords and some other small things under my rear seats on the floor.

Peteandsharon

OK, now that does make sense. The truck salesman hinted to me as he was giving me my walkthrough that it was for storing tools. By that he meant that the tools were in there when it was folded up and the seats are down. That made zero sense. However, the idea of folding the seats up and using them as a platform during travel makes perfect sense. Makes me feel pretty dense for not seeing that. Still not sure that I would use it much and I still intend to look at the Nu Ha's but at least I can see it's intended use. Thanks, Pete

DntDctr

I use the metal plate to strap down the illegals when I'm bringing them across the border. Hate it when they wiggle around. :) JUST KIDDING
Paul

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
i use the metal plate to strap down the illegals when i'm bringing them across the border. Hate it when they wiggle around. :) just kidding
paul

paul - just a heads up on the illegals when you bring them in, mexico is installing cameras and will weigh the cars. So, if you come in with the dope or illegals hidden, they will pull you over to find the extra weight. I found out if you do a lot of padding on all the passengers they will just think you are a bunch of fat americans coming back from eating hot tamales.

Peteandsharon

Just a correction on my posts above. I have twice called this underseat storage container a Nu Ha. Sorry, my brain is quickly turning into poo pa. The storage container is actually made by a company called Du-Ha and they make both underseat and behind the seat storage solutions. They are custom fit for various trucks with three basic colors. They just came out with the underseat container for the later model Superduty Fords and I really like it (as compared to this metal doo da that Ford put in there).

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Pete, I use mine all the time for carrying coolers and other items that I do not want to be in the bed or in the sun. This keeps you from damaging your seats and gives you a lot more storage area. Unless someone rides with us, I rarely put my rear seats down.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
This area is where you store all the mcneese cowboy tailgating supplies, cowbells, beer, tents, food, steaks, burgers, hot dogs, and etc.

Peteandsharon

Yeah, I can see the point but in my case, if it can't go on the seat then it just goes in the bed. I have the rolltop cover on the bed and so it is protected. These days, when we go on vacation, we have taken to going with another couple. So we typically have two in the front seat and two in the rear. Then I need room to store things like my camera equipment that cannot go in the bed. There is usually other things like the campground directory, other bulky books, personal items that we need to get our hands on while driving. All stuff that I have no place for with that metal contraption under the seat. Depends on your needs, I guess.