3600RL in the driveway!!

The day has finally come. Our 360RL came home on Wednesday. What a beauty!! Aside from the minor QC issues we are very happy so far. As I write this however my husband is outside going through it with a fine toothed comb, so we will see what he finds. I know he did say he was not happy with the air flow for the heat or A/C but since he is the service manager for an HVAC company I am sure he will find a solution. I will let you guys know of any tips or tricks that he uses to increase the air flow.

jimtoo

Yes, Please let us know if he can get more air flow from the A/C. The people where I purchased my unit did help the flow some, but it is still not enough to keep the unit cool. A friend bought a new 5er (not a Heartland unit) and the same a/c blows twice as much air out of the outlets.

jbeletti

Congrats Scott and Krista,

Let us know how you come out on the AC matter.

Have fun camping in your new rig and think about coming to the rally. We have 3 spots open.

Jim

Scott

Air Flow

RE: the air flow - it is hard for me to put a blanket answer together for that because there are so many different things than can cause air flor issues. Such as the ducting not sealed properly at the A/C; the ducting being compromised or crushed; the vents, etc.
We can have the dealer check it out to determine what we need to do on your coach.

ST

WE HAVE AIR FLOW!!! My husband took apart each air vent and heat vent and found tons of leaks. He sealed up all the leaks with foil tape ( its a 3M metal based tape) and he found leaks in the a/c from the supply to the return duct and he sealed them off too. Also, the duct work passes by the last supply so he put end caps at the edge of the last supply to stop the air from going past and forced it to come out into the living area adding static pressure. No real solution for heating in the master bedroom as of yet. He is still working on that one. In our unit he did find that the flex duct was kinked and about two foot to long for proper air flow but he doesn't think that is the real problem.

ChopperBill

demonbear56 said:
For a small fee ChopperBill !!;)

You live in Pennsylvania and We live in Colorado. Heartland is half way. How about driving up there and just make sure they do it right in our unit. The fee should be real small then. ;)

phranc

Demonbear, sure hope you can come to the rally and perhaps show all of us a few tips on getting better air flow in the heat and AC..

Trap

Maybe the factory should have Demonbear come down to show the factory how to fix the problem or better yet to make sure installed properly at the factory. There shouldn't be that many problems with something as important as this. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey guys, we just got back from our first trip out and the heat worked well. no need for a/c yet. The real test for that one is going to be in the end of July in the infield of Pocono Raceway with no hookups just generator. I wish we could come to the rally but unfortunately we have a 6 month old and I am a stay at home mom so with only one income we have to watch how far we go and how much time Scott takes off from work for now. Not to mention GAS prices !!:mad:
Just a few problems like the TV Antenna falling out of the roof and the black tank flush leaks all over the place and the 12volt reading lights in the bedroom don't work. Hey can't have everything can you. It is still a trailer.:)
Oh yeah one more question I thought they only put corian countertops in the kitchen I didn't know they used it for the mattress as well. Holy cow what a backache!:rolleyes:
The only other thing I noticed and wanted to mention to everyone who hasn't picked their unit up yet is to make sure and take your pencil erasers along with you so you can get rid of all the marks where they try and put the wall border on straight. The key phrase in that sentence was TRY to put it on straight. But we still had good time camping and we had the nicest rig in the campground.

v92c

Texan
demonbear56 said:
The only other thing I noticed and wanted to mention to everyone who hasn't picked their unit up yet is to make sure and take your pencil erasers along with you so you can get rid of all the marks where they try and put the wall border on straight. The key phrase in that sentence was TRY to put it on straight. But we still had good time camping and we had the nicest rig in the campground.

We have pencil marks all over where they put the borders up also. You would think they would get them straight since they made the pencil marks but they missed the marks.

We pulled the factory mattress out and gave it away still in the wrapper. We put a memory foam mattress in its place, I love it.

Did anybody's shower come setup so that the shower head is installed perfectly to hit you in the stomach?? We are both over six foot and I don't think they took us tall people into consideration.

v92c

Texan
demonbear56 said:
so you put a residential king size memory foam mattress in its place and it fit fine?

Yes it did. The original mattress had the corners cut off at a 45 deg angle, to give more clearance in front of the vanity but after a weekend in the camper we decided it wasnt a big deal. We can always cut off the corner later. And the length isnt an issue at all, the new mattress hangs over the OSB about 1 1/2 inches.

And the best part is that I got the mattress from Walmart.com cheap. It is an 8" thick 5lb memory foam mattress they also have the 6" thick 4lb versions.