Frustrated Sat Hookup

busted2341

Scott,

I am at wits end...I have performed the inspection you called for and don't see anything you indicated. My bedroom TV works on booster but the living room TV has no effect. I am now thoroughly confused and have changed out every wire coming into the coach on the switch box and splitter....

jimtoo

I also could not find the satellite wire in the bedroom. It is no where to be found, so I had to run another cable to the bedroom for the satellite receiver. They had the cable for the satellite receiver in the living room hooked to the splitter ?? and then to the switch box that is (was) there??? I don't think who ever is routing the cables knows what they are doing at all. The service people sure don't know where the cables are.
Good Luck

ChopperBill

Could there be a staple driven through the cable some where? I had coax installed in every wall in my basement remodel. One didn't work. Yep you guessed it. The one we needed. Finally ran a new cable under the carpet.

busted2341

Is'nt is something that Heartland advertises all that detail in color coding and wiring but someone can't hook up the wire correctly. I called the dealer, they have no idea, was planning aour first trip this coming weekend, don't think we will make it now. I sure hope someone can figure out the problem before everything has to be taken apart....When u get yours, Chopperbill, I suggest you take a SAT with you and also check all the cable and regular ANT, it will save you the frustration later,....gezzzzz.....going nuts trying to figure it out....

nscaler2

Qc

Busted,Sorry to hear of your SAT troubles. I don't even know if ours works or not. Tried the antenna and it does work. But haven't tried cable or sat hookups. I think there is NO QUALITY CONTROL at Heartland. Took delivery of our 3055 a little less than 2 weeks ago. One of the apparatus that holds up the day-night shades had pulled out from the wall, the storage door above the dinnete won't close because a fastener/piston affair is missing, closet door latch broken, DVD player wired backwards, found a selftapping screw loose just floating around in the dinning area slideout mechanizem(that could have caused real trouble) and last but not least a piece of furniture missing (the hardwood endtalble) dealer said they no longer supply that as standard equipment. W R O N G!!!!!. Put the trailer in temporary storage the other day to protect it from storms here in this part of the country. Lord knows what we will find later on when we get it back out.

busted2341

nscalar2,
I tell you what, for the most part mine came in ok. We had the same little stuff, piston not attached on one side of the bed, ant adjuster broken and a couple of doors out of adjustment. Other then no SAT and booster hooked up to only bedroom TV, I didn't find anything else until I closed the slide and saw a screw hidden uner the facia of the main slide completely missed the mark. Oh well dealer has it now and said the wires being wrong is not new. First trip out next week...let all know what happens...

mike

Mike
I have a 3655RD BH and there is not Sat hookup in bedroom i ran a complete new cable from the connections to the cab.

Mike

kerry

sat wiring

a wiring diagram is available from heartland. the wiring they have works, its just a little more complicated than it needs to be. note: if the tv booster is on, it will block catv and sat signal; some of the same wiring is used for all three, catv, sat, and tv ant.

KERRY
3400 BH
& DEALER

ChopperBill

busted2341 said:
nscalar2,
I tell you what, for the most part mine came in ok. We had the same little stuff, piston not attached on one side of the bed, ant adjuster broken and a couple of doors out of adjustment. Other then no SAT and booster hooked up to only bedroom TV, I didn't find anything else until I closed the slide and saw a screw hidden uner the facia of the main slide completely missed the mark. Oh well dealer has it now and said the wires being wrong is not new. First trip out next week...let all know what happens...

Just kind of mulling over old posts. I kind of wonder if your dealer said the wires being wrong is not new. How come by now the factory hasnt done anything to remedy this problem and if not how come your dealer didn't check it out before you took delivery. :confused: I am guessing it is going to take me 2 days to do the PDI! :eek: Dealer is going to be real sick of me! :D

busted2341

Those are good questions.....Maybe Coley would have an answer. Probably not. Anyway the dealer did not do a good PDI anyway...Just look at things closly cuz QC is still lacking....I pick it up this Sun so I will see what they did and let all know....and by the way the dealer was well aware of the wire screw up, or so they said, and it only took a few hours to fix the prob...

Trap

I think the dealers leave the problems so they can at least charge the factory for the warranty work, I suspect the factory won't pay otherwise.
As this seems to be all to common in the industry, unfortunately.

Trap

Scott

Fyi

With the TV booster on, it will defeat CableTV as it shares the same
coax as the antenna. The satellite coax is independent (or should be) of the
ANT/CATV coax.

And by the way, I would hope no dealer would leave things on purpose that needed to be repaired. If they do, they will not be a Heartland dealer for long.

ST