Tonneau Cover

I have a 2007 Dodge 2500HD Quad cab with short box.
Has anybody run into a soft or folding tonneau cover that
works well with a fifth wheel hitch and a below cab tool box.
We are volunteers in state and/or National parks and usually
stay in one spot for 2 or 3 months. I remove the fifth wheel
and am looking for something to cover the bed and still get
at the tool box and hide some junk (coolers):rolleyes:.
Thanks to ya'll........

sealman

We have the Truxedo Deuce which allows me to get into the tool box behind the cab. Have had it since new and would do it again. Note: I have the factory toolbox on sliding rails,which fits perfectly with the slider hitch (which I did not need). You would have thought the factory had designed the whole thing as it is a perfect fit.
John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have aTruxedo Low profile. Works great but I've had problems with the rear of our trail Air Hitch hitting the cover frame when making tight maneuvers. Other than that I really like it.

Bob and Chris

Senior Members
I just installed a Truxedo low profile on our F-350 crew cab/short box and it is out of the way and is going to work fine. I did create a problem by purchasing a tool box to wide to allow me to open it with the tonneau in place. I haven't decided whether to go to the trouble to narrow the aluminum tool box the couple of inches I need for clearance or replace with a smaller store bought and use the one I purchased from Northern on another truck. I like the Truxedo and they had a color (buckskin) that compliments the truck accent color. The Augusta sets high enough that no conflict exists with the tonneau rails.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Consider a Lund

I have a Lund tri-fold cover which attaches with two clamps up front and two at the back when fully extended. Only the front ones when traveling with the Bighorn. Shock on TrailAir pin box misses by about 1" when it is folded.

Best thing I like is that there is no external hardware - the four clamps are integrated into the cover.

When I want to get to tools or miscellaneous items that are stowed at the front of the bed, I just remove the front two clips from the folded position and move the cover up covering the back window.

Great engineering.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just installed a Truxedo low profile on our F-350 crew cab/short box and it is out of the way and is going to work fine. I did create a problem by purchasing a tool box to wide to allow me to open it with the tonneau in place. I haven't decided whether to go to the trouble to narrow the aluminum tool box the couple of inches I need for clearance or replace with a smaller store bought and use the one I purchased from Northern on another truck. I like the Truxedo and they had a color (buckskin) that compliments the truck accent color. The Augusta sets high enough that no conflict exists with the tonneau rails.
Bob, I had that same problem withthe Truxedo with the rails being too narrow for the box lid. I saved my short box truxedo and put it on my long box truck. Perfect fit with an 18" tool box. :D

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We have a TanneauMasters cover (330-872-6040). It rolls up and uses velcro along the side rails with positive locks on each side at the tailgate end. This works well with my tool box and hitch. The only problem that I had installing was to trim the side rails a little on each side to allow my wide tool box to open. It has a lifetime warranty and has held up very well in the sun and rain.