do you think the toilet can leak at floor???

dm2776

this weekend went camping and saturnday morning when woke up ..bathroom mat was wet...it is the kind that wraps around the toilet. i dont really see any type of leak. do you think it could be leaking where toilet attaches to floor

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There were some posts a while ago about toilets leaking from the ball valves. You might try a search of the forum for that topic.

grizzlygiant

The toilet is "sealed" to the waste pipe at the floor with a sponge rubber ring. If not properly installed a leak around the botton of the toilet could occur--but only when flushing. I like to replace the sponge seal with a wax ring.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
dm2776, a few questions. Do you have the ceramic toilet? Does the toilet hold water or does it loose water through the ball seal? Can you determine if it's only leaking when you flush? Have you just started using the camper and has it leaked since day 1. You could have a bad seal at the floor flange or a bad seal at the ball valve. The flange seal on the floor is easiest to check and replace. It's very similar to a home toilet except the seal is rubber and needs to be in just the right position.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had this same issue....turned out DH aim was bad in the middle of the night...no joke:eek:

dm2776

since flage seal is easiet to check and replace, i will start with that. and start really watching to see if water level changes in toilet if holding all of the water or just sloooooowly leaking it out. (hope it not the DH aim but he had had a few beers LOL)