Electrical Box behind couch

lhetsler

I was setting up the air mattress on the BH3670 and behind the couch I noticed a 4 inch square electical box on the floor and against the wall. I thought this was odd. No big deal. I was just curious if any else has this in theirs and if anyone knows what it is for.

jbeletti

It is usually a junction box for the 110 VAC electrical wiring for the outlets in that slide. Some people have used that box to install another outlet onto :)

SmokeyBare

Yes... it lives there ! Holding the electrical wires for the slide out room. Since there is no rafters and basement to hide in.... Code requires the wires be accessible...

Marv

Macattack

I asked our dealer if if there was supposed to be a cover of some kiind over the box and he said that was the way all of them came from the factory. He is getting a piece of carpet from the factory and I am going to build a box and cover it with the carpet. It is probably just me but it makes the corner of the slide out look cheap or unfinished.

Mac

jimtoo

I cut a couple of pieces of wood, stained it, made it into a box, added an electrical outlet plug, screwed it to the wall and made it a place to plug in the charger for the laptop or whatever. Now it looks like it is supposed to be there.

Jim M