electric rear stabilizers

thomasinnv

i was told by my dealer that electric rear stabilizers are not an option on the 3300RLB and cannot be added due to interference with the rear slide. is this true? or are they just not wanting to do it?

MurrayN.

That is just not true as I have taken delivery of a new 2010 3300RLB in the last month and I did have the electric rear stabilizers put on, and they work fine. Either the dealer is trying to keep the price down by not putting on options or something funny is going on.

D

Dave Willis

The dealer is correct about not being able to put the electric rear jacks on the 3300RLB. The reason is because we have a 10" drop floor in the back and the electric jacks will bottom out and get damaged. They are lower to the ground than the standard jacks.

Thanks,

thomasinnv

That is just not true as I have taken delivery of a new 2010 3300RLB in the last month and I did have the electric rear stabilizers put on, and they work fine. Either the dealer is trying to keep the price down by not putting on options or something funny is going on.

maybe he is just mis informed, as the trailer has just about every other option, and i was willing to pay the extra charge for putting them on. we had already reached an agreed price and signed the purchase agreement so the bartering was already done. did you have yours ordered from the factory, or did your dealer put them on?

D

Dave Willis

Our Engineer's and Plant Manager does not recommend putting on the electric rear jacks because of the drop floor. We don't have that as an option on the 3300RLB. If the customer wants to put them on at their own risk, that is up to the customer.

Thanks,

thomasinnv

The dealer is correct about not being able to put the electric rear jacks on the 3300RLB. The reason is because we have a 10" drop floor in the back and the electric jacks will bottom out and get damaged. They are lower to the ground than the standard jacks.

Thanks,

i think i will just stick with standard jacks then.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I made my rear jacks electric by using a cordless impact wrench and a 3/4" socket! Make some noise though.