Trailer Leaning

Tom of Ypsi

Just wondering if anyone that has the washer/dryer combo that sits in the nose of the coach has noticed it leaning to that side? I know when leveling the coach I have to block up the door side at least 1-2 inches to become level. I did not know that the coach was leaning to that side until my brother was following me and he says it is quite a noticeable lean. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix?

jbeletti

Tom,

I have the W/D combo and have never had to block more than 1 board high - but usually on the door-side as it turns out. My opinion only but I doubt that 150 pounds or so up front will affect the levelness of the trailer at the axles.

Rather, I think it's just luck-of-the-site, getting one with a deeper tire rut on the door side.

I will though pay closer attention to it this season and let you know which side I find myself blocking most often and by how much.

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Tom
I have the washer and dryer combo up in the nose, and have not had a problem with a lean. I suppose that the extra weight on one side could cause a little, but not two inches. I would try and find a level slab and measure the height of the wheel openings from the ground, it sounds like you may have a broken spring. Good Luck.

Glenn

Tom of Ypsi

Jim and Glenn,
Thanks for the replies but the lean is just not at a campsite but also while I am going down the road. This is on the passenger side and now matter which lane I am in so the crown of the road makes no difference.

jbeletti

Tom,

Sounds like Glenn may have hit this nail on the head - sounds like a suspension issue. May want to stop at an RV dealer in your travels. I just looked and I don't see a Landmark dealer in the Atlanta area. Seems odd. I can only search dealers by zip code though on the factory site.

Jim

ct0218

Camping Time RV in Atlanta has 1 or 2 on their lot at the I-985 location (Gainesville), may have been there for a while. I know they had some a year ago also.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Tom,

Also check Camping Time in Snellville, GA. I75 south to I285 east to Hwy 78 east. Actually since you are headed for Stone Mountain in a few days (also on hwy 78) you will only be 10 miles from Camping Time in Snellville. It will be on the right hand side of the road as you are headed east just inside the city limits.
Phil

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks for all of the replies but I am now back home in Michigan. I was at Campingtime RV in Snellville and did not see any Landmarks. I just happen to go there for some parts for my brothers rv and did not know they were a Heartland dealer otherwise I would have made arrangements to have my coach looked at. I stopped at Kentucky Horse Park, two days, on my way home and when I woke up Wed morning and started to wrap things up I noticed water leaking outside from somewhere on the door side around the bedroom sink area. Inside the coach is dry and could not find anything without cleaning out the basement and crawling around in there to look for a leaking area. I will have to look harder once it quits raining.

jpmorgan37

Tom;
If your Mt. Rushmore is plumbed like my Grand Canyon, check the lines going to the faucet (spray attachment) in the basement. There are about 9 screws holding it in and it comes out. Mine leaked and was dripping out under the area that you are talking about.
John

jbeletti

Hi Tom,

Welcome home. How did you like the Kentucky Horse Park? We really liked it (water/electric only). We'll be there again in July on our way home from TN. We plan to spend time at the park visiting the museum etc. as we didn't visit any of it last time we were there.

Hey, I too have some water leaking. I think it is from the kitchen faucet. The faucet itself does leak when in use and I think water runs down the inside of the fixture, then drips off the flex hose and/or supply lines, onto the floor and runs out onto the open floor area in front of the sink.

That's my theory anyway. Gotta tear into it this weekend and figure it out.

Let us know what yours ended up being.

See you in 3 weeks!

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

John, Thanks for that info, that is around the area I am talking about. I can not feel any water on any of the connections or pipes that I can get to easily get to so tearing into the coach itself seems like the only option.

Jim, Kentucky Horse Park is real nice, clean and quiet with large sites, and for only $22 per night it is a great deal without belonging to any club. I would stay there again. The w/e hookups is all I need even for a week.
On another note, could you send me the factory work order form or whatever it was that you sent out to all attendees for the Heartland rally. I seemed to have misplaced mine somewhere in this computer and cannot find it. Thanks.

jbeletti

Tom,

I just emailed you the Minor Repair Request form.

Please email or fax it in to Scott Tuttle at the factory as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Finally got the trailer home again, finally quit raining and was able to crawl under the trailer to see why it it leaning. It looks like a bracket between the the axles on the door side is either broken or came unbolted. I cannot see any breaks but that does not mean anything. I am now out of warranty but hopefully Mor-Ryde or Heartland will see fit that this is not my fault and take care of it. I know that I have another trip starting this Thursday, paid for and nonrefundable, so maybe I can get this fixed by Wed and get ready for a Thur departure.

Dusty

I would check where the large drain hose that runs from the sink, down under the refrigerator, and connects to the main line into the grey water tank. Mine had came disconnected from the pipe that leads to the grey water tank, leaked water on the floor. My dealer did a fine job of fixing the problem.

Dusty

slaytop

Tom,
Do the spring shackles look the same on both sides of the trailer? They are the metal straps that bolt on the end of the spring and then to the Mor/ryde plate.

Tom of Ypsi

Slaytop, No they do not look the same. The bracket on the door side is at an angle and it looks like it came unbolted or broken. It is going to the shop today, I hope. With the holiday approaching and the sales going on at my rv dealer I will be lucky to get it in. After it is in then I have to wait for the repairs and the trailer has sat at the dealer for a month a couple of times waiting on parts. This has cost me a couple of campouts already and who knows this time. I hope it does not effect the rally or thie trip this week.

Tom of Ypsi

UPDATE:

Took the trailer back to the dealer today but not without problems. While going down the road the springs on the door side decided to take a crap on me. With tires smoking from rubbing on the frame I managed to pull off the road for inspection then finally limped to a gas station. Had to get a low boy flat bed truck to take my trailer to the dealer. What a sight, approximately 16' going down the road illegally for about 10 miles. Thank God for insurance because the truck carrying the rv starts at $300 plus whatever else they can get. The dealer thinks they can have it fixed in a couple of days. They do not think it is the springs but the screws going through the spring bracket and the springs that gave out. I should know more tomorrow. I also need at least one new tire if not two. I also found out I do have an extended warranty, thought I might but was not really sure, hence the statement in the post above about being out of warranty.

slaytop

Tom,
Sorry to hear about your breakdown today. If all they have to do is put in new bolts you may still make it to the rally. I had a trailer where the shackle bolts wore throught the end of the shackles because they rotated in the shackles rather than in the spring loop. In your case, it sounds like the bolts either came loose or broke off the end of one spring. I'm sorry I didn't jump into this discussion earlier.

I hope you can make it to the rally.