Using Fresh Tank

JChatt

During dewinterizing, and sanitizing, I bled the air out of all the water lines, hot and cold. I still noticed air belching when I pump out of the freshwater tank. I verified the valving, and it is correct. I pressurized the system, and turned the pump off. The next day, I turned the pump back on, and it stayed off meaning the system downstream of the pump is water tight. But, when I opened the faucet, It burped air again. I see no evidence of water on the floor in the pump area. When I use the city water there is no burping. This did not happen with my previous camper, I am suspicious of a leak of the suction hose inside the freshwater tank.
Any experience or thoughts?

kampfirekid

Do ONE faucet at a time and run it until all air is completely out of that line. Sometimes with the way hoses are routed, it takes quite a while, and more than one faucet on at a time decreases volume in a water line and air stys above the water in a hump in the line somewhere.

Be sure the check valve on your hot water heater is cosed and operational. Sometimes if it is left open or sticks, air gets in. If this doesn't work, I'd hook up to your fresh water system (city) and make sure all air is out of the lines. Then try the fresh water holding tank system with pump to see if air starts in the system all over again after you have proved the system was air-free with a city connection. Then, you may find the problem is with the pump suction. It could be too far off the bottom of the tank and you are pulling air there - especially if the system hold pressure and the pump shuts off.

JChatt

Did the one faucet at a time, verified all the valves, it seems like air is getting sucked into at the pump I even plugged the tube for the antifreeze fill. When I use city water, everything is good, which is leading me to believe there may be a hole somewhere between the freshwater tank, and the pump inlet.

kampfirekid

Maybe a stupid thought here, but make sure the hose connections at the pump have the rubber gaskets in them, and they are not damaged or hard. Also tighten these connections. I have seen these gaskets dropped out when the unit was winterized or the fitting not tight and the problems ensue. Also, be sure the valves for the bypass (all three) are fully closed, and if nothing else, verify the balls in the valves aren't allowing air to bypass due to some filings that scratched the nylon ball in one of the valves.

My 21FBS does the same thing some times ? Be sure to bleed the outside shower, and WH .On ours the commode seems to have air in the lines all the time ?? No leaks though ! :confused:

Dale

Duramax1

Have you opened the valve to enable the water to flow from your fresh water tank and closed the valve for the fresh water tank bypass?

kampfirekid

Huh? What is this? Are you talking "hot water heater bypass?" Maybe fivers have a bypass to close off the fresh water, but I have never heard of this on a travel trailer before.

JChatt

Yes, I have opened the freshwater tank valve, and the valve I closed is the one for winterizing the rv with antifreeze. It is rather perplexing.