Should TV play through sound system?

mwwebb8

I have a brand new 2010 Big Country 3550TSL with the Jensen AWM 970 and a 32" LCD TV. It doesn't appear to be playing the TV through the multiple speakers. Should this happen, or do I need to use an extra hook up to the front of the stereo? Looked through the owners manual with no luck. Thanks,

Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mark. You might need to use a set of audio cables connected to the stereo output from the TV (red & white plugs). These go into the AUX input on the receiver. You would then set the receiver to AUX and adjust the volume accordingly. In some cases the TV speakers need to be turned off. This would be done through the TV menu probably with the remote control.

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

The most likely reasons for not hearing the TV sound through the stereo are: the AWM970 is not in AUX mode; the AUDIO OUT on the TV is not connected to the AUX IN on the stereo (see page 17 of the JE3208 owners manual); or the TV speakers are not turned OFF in the AUDIO MENU (see page 22 of the JE3208 owners manual).

Check these recommendations and see if this corrects. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech support Team

wdk450

TV/Surrond Sound

I had this problem and found the audio cable from the TV to the Receiver connected to "input" at both ends. I moved the connections on the TV to an audio "Output".

jmaguire

I have the same set up with the same issues. You must go into the tv menu and under sound you need to go to mute select and set it to main. You then will need to play with the volumes on both to get the sound right. Mine sounds pretty good. On the stereo you will also have to go to the aux 1 or 2 setting.

GarthJ

Playing DVD

I just purchassed a 2010 Sundance and when we tried to use the dvd player we got the sound out of the stero but could not get a picture on the TV. The cables look to be hooked up correctly. I could not get the tv off the wall mount but they looked ok. I tried changing the source to all the diffrent choices but no luck. Any suggestions?

flder

Don Reich
I have a JE2608 and can get nothing going through the dvd to get to the trailer speaker system. I have a Colby DVD-925C. Any help would be appreciated(short of throwing out the Colby)