sewer hose

phoenix50

Where do you store your sewer hose? I can only fit a 10' length in the tube prvided on the undercarriage but with my TT ihad the 8' in the bumper.

jpmorgan37

phoenix50;

I store 20 feet in a box in my TV, ten feet in the storage tube in the RV, 20 feet in a four inch sewer pipe I mounted in the basement and 10 feet in a storage box in the basement. Hopefully, I won't need more than that.

John

charlie51

storage tubes

You can go to many rv stores, I know at least Camping world, and they make different lengths of the storage tubes like Heartland places on the frame. Of course you could probably make one much cheaper by going to your local home improvement store and buying some PVC pipe and end caps. I just bought a Sundance and it has the small tube mounted under the TT on the frame and it is only for a 10' hose. I probably make a longer one. You sound like me though, I don't want a nasty sewer hose inside my storage compartment areas or in my TV.

CrazyScotsman

I can get my 2. 10' lengths of sewer hose, plus the fittings that go with it in the wee box on the side of my BH 3580

Niles

We have a Rhino hose, it comes in 15 feet and I also have a 10 foot extra. It stays tight and all fits in the little box on the side of the 3670. I just read what I wrote and doesn't make much sense, what I'm trying to say is the hose isn't a sinkly type of hose it is very ridged. Hope that is better.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
When we were at the Goshen fairgrounds, we needed 30' of sewer hose - 2 15' units. I bought a couple of 5 gallon plastic pails with lids and each one will hold one hose plus the fittings.

I rinse the hoses out good when I am done and store the pails in the storage compartment.

Additional benefit is when I am camping, I will have at least one empty pail that I can use for washing the roof, truck or whatever.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I can get my 2. 10' lengths of sewer hose, plus the fittings that go with it in the wee box on the side of my BH 3580

Same here. It almost looks like another length could be stuffed in there. But getting it back out might be another story.

FWIW, our previous TT had a PVC tube under it for storing a section of hose. Useless unless you got down on your hands and knees to get at it. Keeping them and the fittings in small snap top totes after a basic rinse never resulted in any stench in the TT. And the storage area was right under the jackknife sofa and open to the interior.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We keep all of our sewer related items in one tote. 2-20 ft hoses, a variety of connectors, rubber seal and clamps. The short storage tube is empty for now but it would be a decent place to store an extra 10 footer.

azbound

I keep 25 ft of hose and the connections in the small street side compartment , however I have a friend that just bought a new BH 3055 and I noticed that same compartment on his 5er is much smaller than mine. The size of this compartment may have to do with the overall length of the 5er. Just a guess on my part.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I keep my grey garden hoses in that little compartment next to the water heater and furnace vents, and my sewage hoses in a plastic tote. We also have a clear connector with a hose manual sanitizer connection between the rig and the sewage hoses in case there is a problem with the Sani-Flush.