Follow up on front slide leaks

tmcran

My problems have been several and very frustrating. Two are major and not been resolved(dealer has worked for 6-7 weeks or more trying to get them fixed.) As to other brands I can only relate to personal knowlege.We had a 99 Prowler and had very few problem over the years. Basicly replaced tires, converter and leaking water heater. Not bad for 10 yr old TT. We got our Sundance in 2-09 and some friends got theirs at the same time as we planned to travel together. We all thought if we got new RV' s we would not have to worry about a lot of problems. So one got a Cougar 5er and the other a SunnyBrook 5er and we got the Sundance. Neither of them have been back to the dealer for one thing. We have had to cancel 3 trips with our friends due to being at the dealers for repairs and fixes. Ours is at the dealers now still trying to resolve a leak in the bottom of the front slide. We have a 3 week trip planned starting Friday. We are going and if raining we will just put the slide in and deal with the problem when we get back. I have sent pictues to Heartland re: slide problems on the 12th of this month. Garry said he would pass them to Steve and get back with me. I have sent two follow up emails and yet to hear anything.

tmcran

I'm going to post a short follow up to my last post on this thread. Afterward I'll do a follow up on my leaks on a new thread when I have more info. I feel I'm intruding on Goldenwingers thread. Garry called me this morning and apologized for the break down in communication. He indicated there was some problems with his email but he did recieve the emails and pics I sent . He did send them over to Steve who in turn got with the tech. Heartland approved a new seal and sweep for the bottom. Garry was interested in what I thought was the problem and I gave him ideas relating to the pics I sent. The pics can be viewed in my album. It is encouraging to me that Garry and Heartland are still expressing the deisire to get the problems resolved.The dealer is still workng with me. Its good to have both working together.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgscott

hey tmcram,
did you get your shower to stop leaking? we went on our first trip since the last try our dealer had at the leak. we still leak. Oh, well. back to the dealer tomorrow. fortunately I am only 10 miles from him.

tmcran

Nope, shower still leaking. For now I have just velcroed a shower curtain along the shape of the surround from one side to the other so that the water runs down the curtain and into the pan. No leaks on the floor. I'm going to take it apart when we get back from a 3 week trip to Tennesse,Virginia and the Smokey Mts. I think the problem is in the bottom edges next to the wall. I also think the glass seals need caulking. Hope you have some good luck this time. Do ya have a trip planned?