'splain it to me Lucy!

Gzopete

Happy Member
Ok I just don't understand this.

OK the security camera works off 12 volt and the monitor runs off 110. What good does it do to have a monitor that runs off of 110 if you are out in the middle of no where and you hear someone messing with your ATV's. What do you do turn the Generator on to see who is out there? Just the act of turning it on would most likely chase anyone away.

So why spend the money for a security camera with infrared if you need 110 to run the monitor. They spend the extra money to put this nice flat screen TV in the bedroom without thinking they might have to put a inverter on it so it works off 12 volt? Only thing I could do is run the generator all night then I wouldn't have to worry about hearing any noises out side at all.:rolleyes:

How tough would it be to add a inverter for the TV? Is there room next to the converter?

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Interesting question. Lets take the discussion to the next level. How about a simple, single disk or memory stick DVR so we can record the camera and locate the little creeps that took my beer chest out from under the livingroom slide at 0330 hours April 6, 2009?:eek:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
FJ, the next time you put your cooler there, put a pressure sensitive land mine under it. Wont need a photo of the little buggers.

jimtoo

One question, why was there beer left in it??? If beer sets overnight in a cooler, it might go bad. I never take the chance, might leave the cooler out,,, but not any beer..

Jim M

jpmorgan37

They stole all my neighbors near beer in Texas. He thought it was funny. BTW, they did catch them with a bunch of stuff. One was the Chief of Police's son from a neighboring town. That gentleman was livid.

John

NewCyclone

I think the security camera is a worthless investment. You can't even see anything at night with it. Heartland needs to either put a better infared camera on the camper or move some of the spotlights around the camper to add more light.

Gzopete

Happy Member
I think the security camera is a worthless investment. You can't even see anything at night with it. Heartland needs to either put a better infared camera on the camper or move some of the spotlights around the camper to add more light.

I wish I would of known that before I ordered it!:(

Another thing is the image is backwards.:(

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Camera Image

I wish I would of known that before I ordered it!:(

Another thing is the image is backwards.:(

Steve, If you have the Voyager brand system like in mine, there is switch to flip on the back of the monitor. I had to change mine. It's all in the manual for the system, if you have it. If not...

The monitor is designed for 2 cameras - CA1 and CA2. Your camera should be plugged into the CA1 socket. The switches for the camera images are tiny recessed DIP switches and difficult to reach while mounted. It was a 2 minute fix.

The switch in the DOWN position is labeled - NOR - normal.
The switch in the UP position is labeled - MIR - mirror.

Regardless of the current position - flip it. There is also a switch on the camera, but much easier to flip the switch on the monitor! My system works fine, I just wish I had another camera mounted where I could see past the slide-out!

Let me know if you need further assist! :D