Day Night Shades

geeksrus

The cord on one of our shades broke. It is the small one at the end of our main slide (dinette & sofa). I plan to remove the shade to see if I can repair it. BUT, I can't figure out how to remove the valance so that I can remove the shade.

I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding repairing the shade & in removing the valance & the shade.

Thanks

Eh!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ah the dreaded broken shade cord. To remove the valance there is a screw on each lower side in the fold of the fabric. Feel around in the outer lower corners with a finger and you should find it. There is also a screw in the upper right header corner the same way, in the fold of the fabric. Under the cabinet on the upper left, there is another screw holding the valance header to the bottom of the cabinet. All screws are #2 square head. I have a diagram on the hard drive somewhere of the cord routing. As soon as I find it, I'll post it. It's also here on the forum but I need to do a search for it. Hang in there. Here is a link to day/night shade repair. http://www.blindrepaircord.com/instructions/Instructian.htm

Last edited: