Tire Pressure

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just wanted to remind everyone to check your tire pressures. Just because they look OK doesn't mean they are. I just checked all four of mine (they looked fine). Everyone of them was low by at least 5 pounds and one was 12 pounds low.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Yes Jim, but you must have steel stems, not rubber ones to use the tire pressure monitoring system. I know because I bought mine several months ago and am waiting to install, when we get our new G rated Goodyear 614's with of course steel stems.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I carry the Sears compressor in our Sundance (thanks to the many recommendations on the forum), and make it a standard practice to check the tire pressure on the 5er and TV before traveling. I will do this daily if needed. It only takes a few minutes, and topping off with air if necessary is no big deal. It is the cheapest insurance for care of the tires.
The tire pressure monitoring system is on my wish list, as well as replacing the Mission tires I presently have.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
The air compressor is a great idea as long as u have the tank filled first. When I leave the tow yard to go on a trip, there is no way to get the air compressor to work as 110 is off. So I took an extension cord and plugged it into the tow yards electrical outlet to test the air pressure. Once you are in a camp site with full hookups its a no brainer.