? on axles

high00

on your website it has the cyclone with 3-5200lb axles. that would be 15,600lbs. How do you get an 18.000lb GVWR with only axles rated at 15,600lbs.

Wouldn't the axles be overloade at full GVWR?

Thanks,
Kent

kuldaddy

high00 said:
on your website it has the cyclone with 3-5200lb axles. that would be 15,600lbs. How do you get an 18.000lb GVWR with only axles rated at 15,600lbs.

Wouldn't the axles be overloade at full GVWR?

Thanks,
Kent

The TV & hitch/pin should take part of the weight. Is that 2,380 lbs. (pin weight empty) + 15,600 lbs. for a total of 17,980 lbs.

Someone please step in here if this is an improper assumption...

jpmorgan37

You are right on!!!!!!!! Almost any manufacturer figures pin weight when selecting axel capacity and most have a fairly large safety margin.

BigBlue

BigBlue
On my Monticello, I have 3 axles rated at 6000 each. The GCW of the Monticello is 18000. I think the axle ratings are supposed to add up to the GCW

jpmorgan37

My Grand Canyon has a GVWR of 16000. The two axels are 7000 pound and the pin weight is listed at 2300 pounds. As long as I don't overload it, I am still within the axel rating, not taking into consideration any built in safety rating. The Monticello is the only Landmark that list the axel rating equal to the GVWR of the coach. I'm not trying to make a point here, just looking at the specification chart.

John