Elephant footies

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, so they're JT Elephant Pads. And I've replaced my four jack pads with a set of them. I continue on the never-ending quest for accessories, stimulating the economy one charge at a time.

If I didn't live 10 miles from the storage yard, the job would have taken less than 45 minutes, including putting the trailer on the hitch to get the front jack pads on.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have the elephant feet too. The increased surface area does make a difference.
Kristy

imchud

We have the elephant feet too. The increased surface area does make a difference.
Kristy

John,
I wanted to get the same Pads... Do they come in a sets? I mean I know they do but I guess I couldn't figure out if the ones that go in the front are they the same ones that go on the back jacks?:rolleyes:

JohnDar

John,
I wanted to get the same Pads... Do they come in a sets? I mean I know they do but I guess I couldn't figure out if the ones that go in the front are they the same ones that go on the back jacks?:rolleyes:

They come in a set of 4, including the rubber "shoes" for slippery surfaces. The front ones simply replace the existing front jack pads by removing the cotter pin and bolt, installing the new pads, and replacing the bolt and pin. Naturally, the trailer has to be up on the hitch to do this.

The rear ones require a small amount of work. With the BH rear jacks, you need to remove the existing pad, drill two holes in each (instructions tell you how) and into the new pad. The Elephant pads for the rears actually bolt (bolts included) onto the original pad, once you've drilled the holes. Then reattach the "assembly" and you're good to go.

I got mine from Tweety's, their item #15-0365.

imchud

John,
Thanks for the info... I ordered them today:D - looking forward to getting them installed, thanks again...

Tom

SilverRhino

John,

Many RV sites today are covered with crushed rock. Have you used your pads on this type of uneven substrate and if so how do they hold up?

JohnDar

John,

Many RV sites today are covered with crushed rock. Have you used your pads on this type of uneven substrate and if so how do they hold up?

My seasonal site is dirt, so I left the footies on. If you're parked on crushed rock or anything that could cut the rubber, the instructions tell you to remove them. I would imagine you could just place a piece of plywood under them to protect the rubber.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We just put one of the orange plastic pads down under the feet and all is well.

Kristy

Bobby A

Just put a set on a couple weeks back, not hard to do and to be quite honest, not sure if I noticed a difference, because I also glued and screwed 2X12 cut to fit around the elephant feet, so I didn't have to extend my landing gear so high. That really makes a BIG difference. The lower your able to keep your landing gear the more stable your trailer will be. I also got 4 jacks today and gonna put them on each side of the trailer in front and back of the tires on the frame. I have heard and have read in another post that also helps stable the bounce from the tires. Just my 1/2 a cent worth.

Last edited:

lhetsler

Jacks

I just added 4 aluminum stabilizer jacks, cheap and they made a world of difference. No more bounce. I put 2 in front of the tires and two behind. Walmart set of 4 for $39. Take the bounce out of going up the stairs.

Bobby A

thanks Ihetsler you have confirmed what many others have said, thanks for the tip on getting them at Walmart.

Bob