Satellite TV hook ups

Well, we did it! This last Saturday we pulled off of the dealers lot with a 2010 Bighorn, 3055RL. So far so good, but I have one question (there will be more)

The utility bay has 4 satellite plug-ins, tried them all but we're not getting anything from our Direct TV dish on a tri-pod.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Dennis

jimtoo

Hi Dennis,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I'm sure you will meet lots of great people here and get answers to your questions.

Those connections should be labeled. I'm sure someone will jump in here and can tell you how to get the system going.

Jim M

Thanks for the welcome Jimtoo, each of the plugs/ports have SAT labeled under each of them, and my first guess is that the first one on the left would be for the LR tv.

If I find something else out about this from another source I'll post it here.

Thanks again,
Dennis

fljlcw

look behind tv mine had several cables make sure the right one is connected and check behind udc see if connections arent loose congrats on your purchase and enjoy it

Fred

jbeletti

Dennis,

Congrats on your new unit. Look for a placard stuck onto the inside of that baggage door. It should state which of those 4 jacks go to where.

Two of them will go to the roof so you will not need to use those two, once you determine which they are.

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Well, we did it! This last Saturday we pulled off of the dealers lot with a 2010 Bighorn, 3055RL. So far so good, but I have one question (there will be more)

The utility bay has 4 satellite plug-ins, tried them all but we're not getting anything from our Direct TV dish on a tri-pod.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Dennis

Here is an older post with a schemetic for the Sat system on a Cyclone (LINK). This may help you to understand how the Heartland wiring is run. Bear in mind that it may not be exact for your unit.

As I understand it, one of the SAT ports in your UDC goes to the roof for use with an aftermarket roof mounted SAT dish; and you can't turn on the booster when using SAT.

Hope this helps some.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Are you certain you're receiving a signal from the dish? I would determine that first, sometimes getting a signal is not easy especially if you're sitting in a "valley" of some sort.

The easiest way to test for which line is to the livingroom TV is to apply 9 volts to the satellite plug behind the TV, and then test each one of the connections in the UDC to see which one is receiving the voltage.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Are you certain you're receiving a signal from the dish? I would determine that first, sometimes getting a signal is not easy especially if you're sitting in a "valley" of some sort.

The easiest way to test for which line is to the livingroom TV is to apply 9 volts to the satellite plug behind the TV, and then test each one of the connections in the UDC to see which one is receiving the voltage.

Now using a 9 volts to check connections is a novel idea. I sure never would have thought of that , really neat . I will store that in whats left of the memory bank , thanks good idea.....Kenny

I have a 2009 3500RL Big Country and I had the same issue with my satellite hookup. The dish was receiving a signal, but the Dish Network guy said that a splitter was installed which would not allow just one t.v. to work.

Thank you to everyone,
Now that I have several places to check, things should be getting better (DWs Soap Net for her soap operas!)
I'll post a follow-up when it's up and running.

Thanks again,
Dennis

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Forget all the high tech stuff. I get a high school or college kid and tell him to hook it up. They love the challenge of helping an ole man out and it usually ends up working. After they hook it all up and leave, get your labels out and tag it all so you can hook it back up later.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Don't laugh too hard but I've done that when I can't get some electronic gadget to work. When hubbies gone and i'm stumped, i just call one of the kids down the street and presto-it works. :eek:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are still learning our way around our BH 3055RL so last weekend we are in a park with cable. It didn't have the channels we wanted so we hooked up the dish. DH refers to this process as "let the screaming begin". The problem came in when both cable and sat were connected the picture on the TV was undesirable. After about a half hour we disconnected the cable wire and presto chango perfect picture. Also, it would be nice if Heartland could place a dedicated Sat. connection in the basement. I think we have figured our way around this problem but it means we have to alter connections for different setups. :D