Dual pane windows

larlino

In looking over the available options for the BH I noticed dual pane windows. Is this a good option if you plan to do a fair amount of cold weather camping? Does it help with condensation inside the windows during cold weather? Would appreciate comment if you have experience with this option... is it worth the money? Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi larlino,

First, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Owners Family.
I am sure you will find lot of information here.

Yes, the dual pane windows are worth every penny. We had a 3055RL, 06 model without,,, now have an 08, 3055RL with dual panes. Worth every penny in stopping outside sound and not having condensation in the cold weather, plus it does help in heating in cold weather.

Again, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
larlino, we have dual pane windows in our Bighorn and I agree with Jimtoo. So my answers to answer your questions are, yes, yes and yes.
Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
larlino, we have dual pane windows in our Bighorn and I agree with Jimtoo. So my answers to answer your questions are, yes, yes and yes.
Peace
Dave

Me Too.....Yes , Yes and Yes!....Kenny

cjbearden

Visitor
Our previous '06 BH 3400RL had single pane windows - condensation was awful! In the '09 LM Augusta we have dual pane windows - what a wonderful and welcome change. Noise from outside is reduced and no condensation problems. Easier to heat/cool.

davebennington

We have a "classic Landmark" with dual pane windows and found that they are worth the extra money not only in the cold and heat, they do cut down on the noise from outside.

Dave

larlino

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt and unanimous reply. The sales guy that I talked to said that he had never ordered them. Go figure.

skyguy

Well, call me the odd man out.:eek:

I didn't order them because:
1. They add a lot of weight, reducing the amount I can carry, reducing fuel mileage, and adding slight more wear and tear on truck...
2. In Colorado's dry climate - very very seldom have condensation on windows - less than 1X/year.
3. Places we dry camp (75% of time) noise is NOT an issue!
4. See the post on condensation between the panes. They will leak eventually - not all, but probably some. :(
5. $$$

Just MHO

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well, call me the odd man out.:eek:

I didn't order them because:
1. They add a lot of weight, reducing the amount I can carry, reducing fuel mileage, and adding slight more wear and tear on truck...
2. In Colorado's dry climate - very very seldom have condensation on windows - less than 1X/year.
3. Places we dry camp (75% of time) noise is NOT an issue!
4. See the post on condensation between the panes. They will leak eventually - not all, but probably some. :(
5. $$$

Just MHO

Dual pane windows are not thermopane windows. They are not a sealed unit, and thus, will NOT get condensation between the panes.

The weight and money, in the grand scheme of things, is negligable when stack up against how much easier the unit is to heat and cool, and the reduction in noise levels. If you never camp where they may be needed that's fine, but you never know when circumstances will change, and then it's too late to wish you had them...JMHO...:)

Cyncwby

The wife and I just got a quote from "RV Factory Direct" on a 3055, one of the options we chose were the dual plane windows. The list price showed $1443, their discount price was $995......sounds like a good deal to me.

How much did your salesman quote you??

talley

Dual pane windows are not thermopane windows. They are not a sealed unit, and thus, will NOT get condensation between the panes.

The weight and money, in the grand scheme of things, is negligable when stack up against how much easier the unit is to heat and cool, and the reduction in noise levels. If you never camp where they may be needed that's fine, but you never know when circumstances will change, and then it's too late to wish you had them...JMHO...:)

Kakampers, if you are attending the ralley in Goshen, look us up. We will discuss the moisture between the panes in my dual pane window... condensation?? :confused::confused: or some other cause? NOW notwithstanding that fact... we are glad we have the dual pane windows!!:D

Still debating on what to do about the moisture between the glass:)

Jerry