Moving chairs

What can be put on the bottom of the recliner to make them easier to slide. Wife and I are having a hard time moving them back into the hole for travel.

boatdoc

Jim B, came up with something awhile back, I'll look back for it. We're going another direction, NEW RECLINERS to not kill our backs when trying to move those things. We have it figured with all the weight we save with much lighter recliners we can add more Coors Light and Tequilla!!!

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We did the same as Gary and the old trailer recliners replaced a couple of chairs in our stick house. We found a couple of Euro-type chairs on sale so picked them up. What a difference moving them..../Doug

sharmulst

Before we went full time we traded the recliners in the BH for the small, lighter lazyboys we had in the house. They are much easier to move as well as more comfortable. We also gave away our heavy sleeper/sofa and put in a lightweight sewing center. This keeps DW happy.
Steve and Sharon

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Light Weight Recliners

Big Al, we went with these recliners. Bob :D//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9450&highlight=recliners

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well put us on the same list.. We changed out the recliners for a couple of Lazy Boy recliners. That is our suggestion..

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
BOATDOC - HURRY UP WITH THOSE CHAIRS, I'M OVERLOADED FROM THE GET GEAUX ON MY RV WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW. I NEED THE LIGHTER CHAIRS!!
We have it figured with all the weight we save with much lighter recliners we can add more Coors Light and Tequilla!!!
I NEED MORE TEQUILA AND GREY GOOSE!!
DRINKING SOME AMARETTO FROM MEXICO AT THE MOMENT, SMOOOOOOOOTH. KENNY

DennisZ

I just replaced the recliners in my 3055 last weekend with a couple of La-Z-Boy Rialto model recliners. I got them on sale last weekend for $1040 for the pair out the door. The specs say they are 32" wide, but they are really 31". When the slides pull in, there is about a 2" gap to clear the chairs. The chairs I got are wall-a-way type recliners, if you want rocker recliners, they are about $50 a chair less.

Dennis

Attachments

• recliner_505.jpg
    recliner_505.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 30