Introduction

Just a short introduction. We are kind of new to the RVing world. Got our Cyclone 3950 about 1 yr ago. We live in Lower AL. We travel with 2 Australin Shepherds, and 2 Goldwings. My husband is a 36 yr Veteran of the US Army. Recently retired, but still teaching as a flight instructor at Ft. Rucker. I am a healthcare worker in the field of Resp Care. We are looking forward to being fully retired in about 5yrs so we can enjoy our RV more:D.
We've been mostly satisfied with the unti except for the electric jack system. That has been somewhat of a headache:eek:. Dealer has replaced all the components of said system over the last year, but still is not very reliable:mad:.

CrazyScotsman

Welcome Barry & Tammy. Hope your enjoying your Cyclone as much as we are our Big Horn.
My ex wife was stationed at Rucker many moons ago, my daughter ( step kid ) was born there. We call her our grits baby. My other daughter is down in Huntsville AL working right now. Sure is some pretty scenery in AL.
Enjoy your Cyclone, don't be a stranger on the forum.
Cheers and happy camping... Ken

Thanks for the welcome:). We won't be strangers. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained from this forum:D. I have lived in this part of AL most all my life. Barry has been here about 20+ years. He is originally from Roanoke ,VA. We have enjoyed our Cyclone most of the time except when the jack motor, gears, etc give us trouble. It is not fun when the motor or gears go out and we have to manually crank that monster off the hitch:mad:. We are still dealing with Gary at Heartland regarding this weak link to the RV. I won't get into that though. Will just say we are going to get an extended warranty from Good Sam so we hopefully will not have a lot of out of pocket expense after our Heartland warranty is over in about a week or so. Again thanks for the welcome.

Niles

Welcome to the forum, good luck with the jacks, hope it is a minor set-back. What year Goldwings do you have? I wanted another toyhauler to take ours, but DW wanted more living space, sooo being I always try to keep her happy (the other woman is not one I like to see) we have a BH and I tow a trailer behind with the Wing and Bushtec in it.

We have a 2002 Black Wing, and a 2009 Black Cherry:). We also have 2004 1300 VTX. Both the Wings fit quite nicely in the garage of the Cyclone. Put them both on the center stands. Strap them down real good and they never budge. We just recently hauled them both down to Lake City, Fl for a Southern Cruiser rally and didn't have a problem hauling them.

GETnBYE

Welcome! I am also in Alabama, but way up in the Northeast corner. Not sure where Ft. Rucker is, but I am very close to Huntsville. Do you camp anywhere near Fairhope AL. I have an aunt there and plan a summer trip, but need info on good campgrounds in the area.
Enjoy the forum, I have found it very helpful and everyone is so nice.

GETnBYE

Goldwinghaulers welcome, I live in Slapout Al. Slapout isjust north of Montgomery, I too have a 3950 but haul nothing but camping gear in toyhauler needed more sleeping space my Presidental Suite didn't sleep but 4 in beds. We have as many as 8 lots of time camping. I've only had electrical problems fuses & switch but had to crank down 3 times. good luck..... Tate

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Barry and Tammy,

Welcome to the forum. You'll not only pick up a whole bunch of good information, you'll also find a lot of good friends here.

Like Niles, I'm also a Heartland owner and a Gold Wing owner. I have a 05 Black Cherry with matching Bushtec trailer. I haul the bike in the bed of the truck and hook up the 5er to a Tow Buddy tag axle.

Hope to see you on the road.

Niles

Klindgren, how do you like your tow buddy, pulling the extra trailer has some quirks. I've had no problem just looking at other options. Length is a little bit long.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Klindgren, how do you like your tow buddy, pulling the extra trailer has some quirks. I've had no problem just looking at other options. Length is a little bit long.

Niles,

I love using the Tow Buddy. Yes, it does make the whole rig a little longer, but I'm use to pulling 46' goosenecks for work, so even with the tow buddy and my Landmark, I'm sill not as long as those work trailers.

The only real drawback for me is that I went to a 5er to get rid of the tugging of a pull behind and when using the tow buddy, I am back to that motion. Howerver, having my wing along with me more than compensates for that minor problem.

Keith