satellite tv - feed bedroom and livingroom from 1 receiver

ralphpam

Is there some way to run the front tv and bedroom tv off of one satellite receiver or do I have to break down and get a second receiver?

jbeletti

The answer is yes. The question is, ho much effort will it take to get it done.

The will depend on how your unit is wired. Over the years, the TV wiring has evolved - for the better.

I see you have a 2010 Bighorn 3670. Others with 2010 Landmarks and Bighorns will weigh in here to let you know how they are wired. Also, on the inside door of your docking center should be a placard. Take a look at that,. I believe it has a drawing of the TV wiring.

Jim

rjr6150

If your content to do what I do and this is for dish network. We feed our Jensen through the component feeds. Now take the RG6 connector off the back of dish receiver and feed it into the cable in box behind the tv in LR. You now have a small cable system and will have sat for bedroom and docking center. If you need give me a call and will walk you through it.

Jimmyt5

Dish has a receiver that will feed two TV's and allow each TV to watch different channels. You only have one cable coming in from the Antenna.It also has DVR for each TV...

vangoes

The real question is how do you get the signal from the living room area to the bedroom. On my unit the satelite feed from the docking station only feeds the living room so that is where the receiver is. The cabletv feed from the docking station will not work for the satelite due to splitters in the line? Without running a new line from the living area to the bedroom I dont know how to get the signal to the bedroom. Maybe it can be back fed through the antenna cable in the living room. I have not tried that.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The real question is how do you get the signal from the living room area to the bedroom. On my unit the satelite feed from the docking station only feeds the living room so that is where the receiver is. The cabletv feed from the docking station will not work for the satelite due to splitters in the line? Without running a new line from the living area to the bedroom I dont know how to get the signal to the bedroom. Maybe it can be back fed through the antenna cable in the living room. I have not tried that.

FWIW: I found that the type of splitters used in the SAT cabling on my Cyclone were not the type compatible with SAT TV, only cable and/or antenna. Just an idea for you.

rjr6150

exactly what I'm doing feed the signal through the antenna feed back of tv and you have a mini cable system to all outlets even the one in basement.

jbeletti

I believe the splitter is in the line to feed a TV jack in the basement storage area. If a person does not need to feed a TV there, that splitter can be removed and an F-81 barrel splice put in its place to splice the 2 wires in question together.

Jim

LBallard

Where is the basement splitter located on a 2008 BH 3370RL? I currently have Sat backfed thru the cable system as described above and the signal reaching the bedroom TV is weak and fuzzy. Therefore there must some signal loss thru the cable system ( possibly the splitter).