Looking to buy my first 5th wheel?

TravisP32

Hi, This is my first post and I'm looking to buy a new sundance 2998RB camper. Just wondering on the brand and quality of the camper. Its a lot of money and a big purchase. Does anyone have one of these units and could maybe give me some advice before buying this camper. Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Travis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family.

You will find lots of information here and make lots of friends.

I am not Sundance owner, bud do have a Bighorn 3055RL. I can assure you, the Sundance's I have seen are a good quality and the Heartland Factory is second to none with customer service. Find your self a dealer you trust and start camping.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Travis, while your waiting for news from other owners, browse around the Sundance section of the forum, There's a lot of good info there. Keep in mind, these forums are where owners go first to look for help with any problems they may have as well as communicate with other Heartland owners. You will see a fair number of problems reported. You would see the same thing on many other brand owners forums. Keep in mind the Heartland factory brand managers read our posts and questions and use the information as feedback. I think Heartland builds as good a trailer as any but they are far better at standing behind their product.

azbound

Take heed to JIMTOO's advise. Pick your dealer carefully, a bad dealer can ruin the whole experience of buying an RV. Trust me no matter what RV you pick and what ever company builds it, you will have warranty issues. This is where a good dealer is important. You will not find a better company than Heartland they really do stand behind thier product.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
In your post you have not indicated how you will be using the 5er. Weekend camping, Snow birding, full timing or such. I will assume you will be traveling only part time. If this is true the dealer is very important. If you plan to travel fulltime the dealer in the long run is minor because you most likely will not be in the dealer's area when you have problems.

mike3fan

I bought a new Sundance last Aug. and my Dad was so impressed with the unit he bought one 2 weeks ago. And to get him to spend his money is like trying to get a cat to come to you when you call them.:D

You won't find a nicer constructed 5er in the Sundance price range.

TravisP32

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to use it mainly on a seasonal lot. The price on the 2998RB is coming down in price because its an 09 unit. There are two of them in my area. I just hate the back and forth between pricing. I just want the best possible deal. Its a big expense and I don't want to regret it. It also seem like the best bang for the buck on a fifth wheel, that I can afford (well not really). Thanks again for the replys

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Travis,
I am a new 2998RB owner.
Overall we are very happy with our unit.
We have had a couple of plumbing issues, it goes in to the dealer next Monday to get them worked out.
We love the layout and it works well for our situation.

If you have more sepcific questions, let me know.
Mark

Jim & Harriet

sundance 5th wheel

hi travis,
welcome to the forum. we bought our sundance last november. only used it a few times but we really enjoy it. the quality is excellent. we checked lots of 5th wheels before our purchase and our 3300sk was the best we saw.