No Fridge

moose53

Tonite we were to leave for the weekend but discovered I have no power to the door switch on the fridge. After checking breakers and fuses I also noticed I have no power to the light next to the fridge, no power to stove exhaust fan or light and none for the reading lights or overhead lights. All of this is in the slide portion of my 3250 TS. Any ideas?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Harvey, check to see if there is a junction box inside the rig in the slide or under the slide on the frame. Sometimes the twist nuts come loose. Remove the cover and check for loose connections. Also check to see if there is a popped GFI. Just a thought. Bob:D

Tom of Ypsi

Not being familiar with the BC but reading about others with power problems you might take a look at the GFI. Hope you fix your problem and get on the road for the weekend.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If it's all related to the slide out then I think Bob & Patty have the right answer. I think everthing your talking about is 12 volts. Look for that junction box. It may be in the base cabinets or under the slide out. If you're not into a do it yerself mode, the dealer is your answer.

moose53

Found it!

Two wire looms come through small holes in the side of the frame. The smaller of the looms has two wires, after pulling the wires through the hole in the frame I find one connected with a wire nut and the other wire nut is all coroded with no attaching wire. After dropping part of the spare tire carrier and the enclosed bottom I found the other end. It was also green and coroded. Water? The drain for the water system is close to where I found the wire. Anyhow, restripped wires and a new wire nut and I'm back in business. Thanks for the help.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well Moose, thats why we are all here. Glad you found the problem and are off on a good weekend. BTW, I really like soldering, shrink tube, and good electical tape. No more fuzzy green wires. Bob:D