Frustrated 2007 Cyclone Owner

kaxel

We have owned four (4) brand new campers in our 26 years of marriage. We spent over 2 years finding the toybox we wanted. We took delivery of a 2007 Cyclone on March 31, 2006 and have had nothing but heartache and problems with it. It was back at the dealer from April 3 – 11, along with a 2 page single spaced list of issues, we got it back on April 11 (with many things still not fixed) so that we could go on a planned vacation from April 13-23. Now it needs to go back again for an indefinite time period to fix another 2 pages of issues. We have called the factory and tried to work with the dealer but they seem to point fingers at each other. We are very disappointed in the lack of what appears to be quality control. Really stupid stuff – including the bathroom door installed inside out with a handle doesn’t work and the door won’t shut without slamming it, and a blue awning on a unit with gray, black, gold and burgundy graphics. The unit had lots of construction dust/materials (screws, wires, chunks of wood) under mattresses, and in heat ducts and inside cabinets. Many, many mechanical issues and interior cosmetic problems. Cracked water pump, drains that are high point of the sinks and shower (so you get about 2” of water in the shower that won’t drain unless you push it to the drain), leaks in the hot water heater, kitchen sinks, shower, lots of sealing compound oozing from around drains and faucets, hanging bar in front closet will not stay up with just a few shirts hanging from it, Fantastic Fan that would not open (was sealed shut), air conditioner does not work, outside vent cover over refrigerator mechanism blew off traveling down the highway. Cabinets and counter top with holes in them and veneer missing, interior molding fell off when we put out the slide out, door from living area to garage will not stay shut, leak around ramp/door in garage, blinds in garage will not stay up. The list goes on and on. It is as of no one ever did a quality check – or if they did they just didn’t care. Our Heartland dealer is over 90 miles from our home and with the price of fuel just taking this unit back and forth is costing us a fortune. We really want to love our Cyclone – but at this point our patience has run out. If anyone has any words of wisdom for us or suggestions we welcome them.:confused:

Last edited:
kaxel said:
We have owned four (4) brand new campers in our 26 years of marriage. We spent over 2 years finding the toybox we wanted. We took delivery of a 2007 Cyclone on March 31, 2006 and have had nothing but heartache and problems with it. If anyone has any words of wisdom for us or suggestions we welcome them.:confused:
---------------------

Post this in the "Ask the factory" section. If you don't get an answer then post it in every section that has "Ask the factory"

Your trailer should be returned to the factory for a complete overhaul.

v92c

Texan
The factory guys have been very responsive. It seems like you need their intervention. Sounds like you have dealer issues also. I know that when you buy a used car, they detail it before you take delivery, wood shavings and other construction material should have been cleaned up before delivery.

kaxel

I am happy to report that Heartland has really stepped up and has been in contact with us daily since my posting. They are sending someone to pick up our Cyclone tomorrow (04-28) to be taken back to the factory. I was not thrilled at having just a few hours notice to get everything unloaded - but feel it was a small price to pay for their willingness to get it into the factory for repairs. I don't know about the rest of you, but we carry a lot of "stuff" in our camper! We have advised them that we need the camper back by May 20th for our next trip out - and they seem to understand and are trying to work with us. I will keep everyone posted as this story continues to develop. I am feeling much better about the whole situation - and am really pleased at the response from Heartland and the dealer. Stay tuned!

nscaler2

Great!!!

I am so glad to hear that the factory is stepping up to the plate for you. I believe that this board may have had a big influence in them doing so. Hope everything works out well for you. As owners, we are all in this boat together. How your case works will be an indicator of how any one of us might be treated, given similar circumstances.

Scott

FYI -
While Heartland has always offered our owners the ability to set up an appointment here in Elkhart for service when they are not satisfied with their dealer's work - we do not pay for the transportation. Because of their (Kaxel's) close proximity to the plant and because we have a driver coming through that way - we are able to help with the transportation in this case.
ST

kaxel

We are getting closer to loving our Cyclone! We picked it up yesterday and are 95% of the way to being happy campers. Still a couple of issues that we hope to have resolved by a stop in Elkart on our way to the Rally. Tonight we start the re-loading process of all of our "stuff!" Gosh I love the way our Cyclone looks!

Guckeen

I feel the same pain - In January I bought a 08 cyclone 3210 and have a 2 and half pages of problems some are not minor - The quality control was not good on my rig It is June and I am still working with the dealer to get problems fixed. The more problems I find the picky-er I get. Right now I am not a happy camper;-) - and miss my old trade - in!

mufflerman

Guckeen,
I've been dealing with this 3795 that I bought back in Dec. 05,. Heartland bought that one back in Jan. 06' because it cracked by the bedroom slide.
I feel for ya, I'm in the same boat.