Cable Snaking

enthuz

I'm in hunt for a 32QBSS and was curious about the difficulty in adding/routing cables with the foam insulation inserts of the North Trail. Is this difficult. I like to make things my own and to my liking. This is mosly with TVs and other mounted features. Also how can we get the layout of the frames/studs, electrical and etc. to do such work?

Pulltab

That is gonna be a tough one. I don't know anything about the North Trail line but if it is like the others the walls are filled with foam and I don't think any snaking thru the walls will be happening :) best is to work under the rv and bring up near the base (unless it is an interior wall).

jbeletti

enthuz,

I agree with Tab - gonna be hard to get anything inside the walls, ceiling or floor due to the lamination process of building those components up. Pulling wiring through the underbelly area and then up into the RV will be your best bet. In some cases, you may be able to come up inside cabinetry and then out into a surface mount box. Maybe a bit of small plastic surface mount Wire-Mold where needed as well.

As for a diagram of framing etc., on Monday, please call the plant at 574-262-5992 and ask for Mike Creech. Mike is the Brand Manager for North Trail. Ask him to email you PDFs of what you need.

Bet of luck,

Jim

enthuz

Thank you, Jim. I don't mind with going from below, however does anyone have any pics of having done so before with an enclosed underbelly?

Pulltab

I don't have any specific pics but have run a wire or 2 :p:p I have run solar wires from the roof into the basement into the wall. Have run the cables under the floor in the belly to the batter compartment. Nothing hard about it at all ONCE you get the bottom off :D