Rear Camera Prewire by the factory

jbeletti

We verified with the factory, their willingness to "work with" those who order their Heartlands to pre-wire the trailer for a rear camera. To date (Jan-2005), for one customer, they have pre-wired "customer-supplied" camera cabling. This is by no means a factory option at this time, rather, a confirmation that the factory will work with you on this.

My current plan is to supply the factory with 3/4" Carlon Resi-Gard plastic flex-conduit for them to install from the top-rear cap area to the hitch. I would then pull my camera cable through this conduit and mount my camera. After closely going over te rear cap area of a trailer on the line, prior to the installation of the fiberglass cap and then looking at an uninstalled cap, we determined what is a good mounting location for a camera. From that, I determined that it would be best to give the factory the camera mounting bracket so they could mount it and provide plywood backing behind the fiberglass cap for firm mounting of the camera. I'll post here in April on we actually ended up doing.

Jim