Overhead Cabinet Doors

kaxel

Is there a way to make the cabinet doors (cabinets over the dining and sofa area) stay open on their own? Mine snap shut if I do not physically hold them open. A bit inconvenient to hold open with one hand and reach in for whatever with the other!

kuldaddy

I went to Southwest RV this weekend to pickup some other "stuff" and walked through one of the Cyclones, it appears they are now putting in the little hydraulic door openers on the cabinets above the couch/dinette for this purpose. I was going to ask my dealer to get me a set so I could install or I would think Lowes or Home Depot may have something like that.

mufflerman

My 3795 that was bought back in jan. 06' has holders also. I think the factory forgot to install them in yours. I would call your dealer or the factory to get them installed.
Ray,

My 2012 3010 HD has the proprods from the factory but the added pressure from the proprods has pulled the hinge from the mount on each of the three overhead doors. So that doesn't appear to be the answer.

hotonpi

Same problem with my 2011 3950. The proprods seem to be the culprit causing too much pressure on the hinges, making them pop out of their doors.

M-S

Had the same problem. Ended up taking the plastic plug out of the doors, and putting in wooden plugs, glued into the holes. Not sure why they put the plastic plugs in in the first place. The european type hinges are designed to have screws hold them to the wood portion of the door. Using new screws into the new plugs, solved all the problems. The prop hydraulic rods have a lot of power, and are great. But someone decided to make 2 extra steps to putting in the hinges, and made the situation worse. As a woodworking instructor of high school students, they saw me fix my doors, and wondered what was going on. They saw the problem.