questions on options

Cyncwby

The wife and I were looking at options on a 3055 today and had a couple of questions.

1. Hi gloss gel coat sidewalls? pretty pricey!! ..... Are the normal sidewalls just a semi gloss or dull type finish? Which is ok with me.

2. Slide awning package, triple slide? .... Are these awnings for the slide windows or are they toppers that go over the slides?

3. Generator prep? .... Didn't see it anywhere on the web site but does Heartland offer a factory installed propane Onan type gen. or would that be a dealer installed?

4. Pillow package? ... are these for the couch and chairs or the bed...or all three?

Thats about it, thanks in advance for any explanations.....Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The wife and I were looking at options on a 3055 today and had a couple of questions.

1. Hi gloss gel coat sidewalls? pretty pricey!! ..... Are the normal sidewalls just a semi gloss or dull type finish? Which is ok with me.

2. Slide awning package, triple slide? .... Are these awnings for the slide windows or are they toppers that go over the slides?

3. Generator prep? .... Didn't see it anywhere on the web site but does Heartland offer a factory installed propane Onan type gen. or would that be a dealer installed?

4. Pillow package? ... are these for the couch and chairs or the bed...or all three?

Thats about it, thanks in advance for any explanations.....Dave
1. They are semi gloss, shiny but not "smooth"
2. Awnings over the slides
3. ???
4. Pillows are for the bed.

skyguy

1. More gelcoat is more weight to tow. My previous SOB stayed pretty shiny on the sides w/out the gelcoat, the end caps were a real bear to keep the glossy look. (Wax, wax, wax)

I don't know that you can really tell the difference in a camp ground... unless you are really looking for it :)

And don't know about resale value either...

2. The slide toppers help keep "stuff" off the tops of the slides... the tops need to be clear when you bring the slides in. On the other hand, they can be really noisey on a windy day/night.

3. Many folks use small portable generators in lieu of an internal genny. However, if you are considering the internal at all, it will cost A LOT more to get wired later on!

4. We skipped the pricey pillow package and shopped our local BB&B instead...

bigredtruck

1. our dealer advised against the gel coat, but we ended up with it anyhow (their mistake). Apparently it adds about 600 pounds. it does look very shiny and nice, however, the doors are not done, so can look a little unfinished.
2. Haven't heard the slide toppers in the wind yet. They sure were great when it snowed - I didn't have to get up on the roof to clear snow off the slides.
3. We got the generator in the cyclone, so no comment on the prep option
4. Wasn't offered to us.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
the wife and i were looking at options on a 3055 today and had a couple of questions.

1. Hi gloss gel coat sidewalls? Pretty pricey!! ..... Regular walls are just fine, use a wash/wax car wash mix and they will stay pretty.
2. Slide awning package, triple slide? .... Toppers that go over the slides.

3. Generator prep? .... Didn't see it anywhere on the web site but does heartland offer a factory installed propane onan type gen. Or would that be a dealer installed? They do have the gen. Prep, if not shown on your model, ask the factory if they can do it for you. Should be doable.

4. Pillow package? ... Are these for the couch and chairs or the bed...or all three? Not worth the money to me, we bought our own to match the "mcneese state" blue we needed, i think they are just for the bed, but ask your dealer.

Thats about it, thanks in advance for any explanations.....dave
read the owners brochure, several times till you know it better than the dealer. Then you will be ready to buy.

Tom of Ypsi

Go with the Gelcoat, looks nicer in the long run.

Slide topper awnings do make noise in the wind. After a while we do not notice them too much. We liken it to someone living next to train tracks, the train goes by but you never hear it unless someone says something about it.

Gen prep ????

Pillow package!!!!! We still have ours, lightly used and stored under the bed taking up space.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pillow package!!!!! We still have ours, lightly used and stored under the bed taking up space.
Our pillow pkg and original bedspread is in plastic bags in our self storage rental. Heartland should consider having this as an option delete with a couple hundred dollar credit.:D:D:D

cjbearden

Visitor
1. Gel coat definitely.
2. Had slide toppers in BH 3400. They stretched from flapping in the wind and getting loaded with snow. No more snow areas for us!! Opted not to have them on our LM Augusta as we usually do not camp under trees. When we do, we check very carefully to make sure there are no obstructions. Search the forum for what others have done to keep down the flapping of the toppers (use beach balls, air mats, special build PVC brace, see jpmorgan thread).
3.Gen prep was already in the LM. If we choose to get a generator, will have Camping World or a HL dealer install for us.
4. Pillow pkg/bedspread were deducted from our price as we opted not to have them. Selling dealer removed during prep.