Ez-Lube hubs???

charlie51

I just bought a new Sundance TT. How often should I add grease to my hubs? It has the ez-lub hubs. Didn't know if it needed say once a year or more or what. I put about 2500 -3000 miles a year on our TT's. I usually don't go farther than about 4 hours from home. :confused:

charlie51

I just saw a similar post so never mind I guess. How often would you guys recommend repacking the ez-lub hubs on a 5500# TT? Like I said I only put 2500-3000 miles per year on it.

jnbhobe

I would recommend hand packing once a year, and forget the easy lube. then you can check and adjust the brakes and be sure there is no grease on the brakes from bad seals. Just my way of doing it JON;);)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be careful when you lube the "ez lube" hub as it is "ez" to blow out the rear seal which would allow grease to get onto your brakes. Hand packing is the best way. But you should check your brakes when you grease the bearings. BTW, if you drive through water that gets over the bearings then you should check them at your earliest possible time. Really the ez lube bearing system was designed for boat hubs to make it easy to grease the bearings as you drive a boat trailer in the water when launching. Most boat trailers do not have brakes either. Just some food for thought. Also they do make sealed bearing that are called never lube. I have the never lube on mine and you don't have to worry about lubing them.