Electric Rear Stabilizers

kuldaddy

I went to Southwest RV this past weekend just to get some stuff from the store and decided to walk through one of the Cyclones on the lot. Found that Heartland is now installing electric rear stabilizers instead of the scissors jacks on mine. Anyone else have these?

2 Cats

I have the electric one's on mine. They are very slow to raise & lower. On my last rig I had the scissor jacks, I ran them up & down with a cordless drill motor.Worked great & fast (18Volt). Also with the scissors I could level the unit out alot more then I can with the electric one. Now I have to run on to blocks to level.So I guess it's a give & take thing.
Rob

v92c

Texan
I have the Lippert electric stabilizer on the Bighorn, it levels itself. It is sorta slow, but not too bad. No looking for the tool to run them down.

kaxel

We do not have the electric jacks on our Cyclone even though the literature we received before buying told us we would. We are using a cordless drill as 2cats mentioned. Sounds like that works as good - or better as the electric ones would.

kuldaddy

I use a cordless drill to run them up and down, fairly painless. The electric stabilizers just look like a cleaner installation than the scissors. Thanks for the info...

jbeletti

My last trailer, a TT had separate rear electric jacks. Using the Socket Genie attachment in the drill zipped them down in seconds.

I have the electric stabilizer jacks on my Landmark and while convenient, they are way slow. I've gotten used to it though.

Jim

Last edited:

donabel

My cycolne has the electric jack set up, but it seems to self level. I still use blocks because I have them and it seems to be more stable. They are about as slow as the front jacks. But they beat cranking.
Don

Country

I was looking at the electric rear jacks after reading this thread. I don't see how they would self level??? Can someone explain how they would or if they do.
Thanks very much!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Country said:
I was looking at the electric rear jacks after reading this thread. I don't see how they would self level??? Can someone explain how they would or if they do.
Thanks very much!

After engaging the switch and starts down one side always touchs the ground first and stops then the other side. When both have made contact with the ground both sides engage and come up equally.---Ken

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
I was not going to get ele rear jacks my wife talked me into them. She is really smart I would not be without them.
Regards
Wayne

MrBill

I have the electric rear jacks on mine. It takes maybe 30 seconds to raise or lower them. I love them so far.

TomL

I think "self leveling" only concerns the leveling stablizer jacks. It does not refer to actually leveling the coach. TL

escs36

the rear stablizers are absolute junk. if you read the literature on them, they say to not exceed 400 pounds, which means, touch the ground and not lift. these are stablizers, not levelers. the cost for a replacement gear motor is over $400. the motor is way too slow, under powered. the day after my warranty expires, i will be replacing mine with these(check the link.) the output shaft on my gear motor snapped in half while raising the jacks, not lifting. lippert should be embarrassed.
http://www.tweetys.com/powertwinii22stabilizingjack.aspx

caissiel

Love them, they are much more stable then the cissor jacks. They hold the unit from side to side. I saw a set installed closer to the axles on an other mark of trailer, I thought it was a good Idea as they would stabalize at the springs too, without raising the trailer much.