Eagle Ridge vs Sundance

62cwil

Can anyone tell me exactly what the difference is between the Eagle Ridge and the Sundance. I am looking at the Eagle Ridge 29 SBRL and the Sundance 2900 MK. I know the Sundance is a low profile and weighs about 1000 pounds more due to a third slide.

Also, I note the booklet for these rigs say Laminated fiberglass sidewalls. Is this the same as Filon. Also, if so, is it as strong and good as the gelcoat fiberglass sidewalls found in other rigs. What is the difference?

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
The only thing I have seen different is that the Eagle Ridge looks more for serious full timing with storage and W/D preps in the master suite.

I am looking/leaning toward the Eagle Ridge now due to its floorplan, storage, W/D, 15K BTU A/C (Plus wired for Extra A/C)

We have a 28RLS North Trail right now that we love but its not for full-timing.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I wish the Sundance had a W/D area, but I wouldn't trade my third slide for it. Can't say enough about the extra room. By the way, you can get the 15K A/C and pre-wired bedroom option in the Sundance (we have it and the 15K A/C unit froze us out in 85degree, very sunny weather last week).

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
We have not physically seen the Sundance but the W/D to me (Plus AMPLE storage) is a neccessity for the long haul on the road. Hence we are deciding on an Eagle Ridge. (Probably the 34QSRL)

Last edited:
Eagle Ridge

I like what I have seen in the Eagle Ridge Fifth Wheels. I have a north trail that I purchased at Route 66 RVs and they also carry the eagle ridge. I probably stop by and look at the eagle ridge once a week. lol. My salesman hasnt complained a bit, he just takes me out and shows them to me everytime. Hes a really nice kid and you should consider checking with him on pricing. It might just be worth your drive to get one from him. Here is is contact info. Tim Victory, route 66 rvs, tvictory@rt66rvs.com , 800-880-5825.

HEARTLAND IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

jcelander

we just got the eagle ridge 34qsrl. and we love it. we had been looking for 2 years for a 5th wheel. walked into this one and fell in love with it.

jimtoo

HI jcelander,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. Sounds like us when we first went into our 3055RL. I'm sure you will enjoy your new toy, and we are here on the forum to help with any problems. Lots of great people here with lots of good answers.

Jim M