water pump

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok.This is not a question concerning a Heartland product,but I am a Heartland owner and I do have a question.We don't dry camp and have only used our water pump a couple times to pump from our fresh water tank so I don't know alot about the pump. Our son owns a pop up camper and this past weekend he tried to pump water out of his fresh water holding tank.He tells me that he turned the water on at the sink and it sputtered a few times and quit.Sounds like air in the line I know but he said that that was all it would do. If he picked up the back of the pump the water would flow fine. If he lowered the pump the water would sputter again.Anyone have any ideas what to check before I go over and check it out? Thanks

SmokeyBare

Maybe.... just maybe it's sucking air when left down... sort of relaxed... and when he lifts the back of the pump... the movement causes the lose fitting to tighten enough to pump the water. Just a guess...

Marv

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I would check the electrical connection at the water pump. Should be 2 wire nuts there. Take them off, twist the wires together and put the wire nut back on, then tape with elec. Tape. If that don't fix it, could be a loose fitting, but i doubt it.

snuffy

Sounds like a loose clamp or a split in the line and when he moves it, the hole closes. Ever use a straw that had a hole or split in it? Sucks a lot of air and not much liquid. Same principle.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks guys.All of the above makes sense.Like I said,I have not looked at the problem yet.All I have to go on is what he was telling me over the phone.This gives me some good places to start.